1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Serious Relationships and Girls on the Side

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CreepyFloyd, May 11, 2006.

1. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

Moving is the best way to deal with dirty laundry, skeletons in the closet and other past secrets. Just go rent a UHaul. ;)

2. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can relate, it happened to me after I first started dating my current girlfriend in college. All of a sudden, girls become attracted to you. I think someone said it earlier, it's because you no longer reek of trying too hard and desperation.

I eventually broke up with her a year ago for about 9 months, and I did the "talking to other girls" thing. I ended up getting back together with her (10x the effort to get back with a girl who's heart you broke once).

So the bottom line is, if you're thinking about cheating, don't. If you want to break up with her and play the field, by all means do it. Just know that you'll never work harder to get with a girl than you will trying to get your ex back.

3. Isabel

Isabel Member

Already plenty of good advice in this thread. Look into what you want to do and why you want to do it. Assuming it's not "because my girlfriend doesn't love me and I wish my life was better", and it's more just "because the little head tells me to"...

...think deeply about what would happen if she found out. (and usually, sooner or later, they do; even if they don't, you're having to live with that guilt forever) You would lose a lot of what has made you so happy in the first place. You would regret it and might never be able to make amends.

Think about what's more important to you, long term.

(and, if you do cheat, at least make sure the other woman knows you have a girlfriend and that you're only there to hit it. Make sure everything is at least open and above board. Still, I would rather not even see that.)

4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

How would you like it if she started ****ing some other guys? That should tell you what you should do in this situation.

5. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

truer words have never been spoken (or typed, i guess.)
    i've been on both sides of this situation and there is no winner. be thankful for what you have, or move to something else.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Dump her, screw a few girls, then get back with her. I've seen it done.

7. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

relax man...as unfortunate as it is, we guys apply different rules and standards to women as we do ourselves, which is why a guy who gets a lot of girls is viewed in a positive light by other guys, while a girl who gets around is viewed in a negative light...i'm applying a different standard to myself than her....life isnt fair

8. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

thanks for all the good advice thus far...i especially appreciate the female perspective on this issue

9. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

man, thats like a triple-double or something....thanks for sharing your story and thanks for the advice as well

10. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

Man, when I was single, no one wanted me.

Now I get calls asking if I want to be a judge in a BJ contest.

Just think about how you would feel if she cheated on you, then think about how she would feel if you do that to her. And she will find out, either from your guilt or because you don't cover your tracks. Also stay out of situations that would tempt you and if someone hits on you mention the gf or act sleazy.

11. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Back then they didn't want me...now I'm hot...all on me

12. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

but he's asking how would you feel if she did it to you? not how others would react to her.
    if you dont mind her sleeping with other guys, maybe you should bring it up with her. you know, an open relationship?

13. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

casual text... its the new booty call, and completely std free!

14. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

The only thing about that is that the one constant is you. If you f^ck something up badly in one place chances are you will do it again somewhere else.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here's the thing. Your relationship has already lasted 2 1/2 years and possibly going for a lot longer.

Sex with someone else will last x minutes. After that lying, deception, possible guilt, will last for quite awhile, and probably occasionally rear its head from time to time as long as long as you are with your gf.

Are those minutes of pleasure going to be worth the prolonged dishonesty, possible hurt, stress, etc. that will happen after you do this?

The decision is yours, but those are basically your options.

16. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Just go ahead and put it in her ass already. Jeez.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Thats really what we've all been waiting to hear.

18. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

If you don't really care about your girlfriend, go for it.

19. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

couldnt agree more...not once have you said something thats wrong with your current girlfriend. dont risk it :cool:

Im sure you wouldnt feel too good about the situation if the tides were turned

20. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I absolutely cannot take you serious. Your speak cracks me up and so you deserve to be in my sig for awhile. :D