1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Serious Question: What Are The Houston Rockets Doing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston288South, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Houston288South

Ladies and Gentlemen, seriously. What are we doing as a franchise right now? It just seems like every team is making great moves to improve except us. Maybe it seems like I'm frustrated, but I am. Like...really? What's going on people? We had all this hype about making moves and absolutely NOTHING has gone our way.

Am I the only one frustrated? Please tell me I'm not, lol.

Great move by the Lakers to get Nash
    Great move for PHX to sign Gordon to an offer sheet
    Great move for ATL to trade Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams
    Great move by the Nets to acquire a decent player in Johnson, resign D-Will, and get a decent player in Gerald Wallace.

Any more great moves that you've seen by other teams?

2. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

rebuilding around young talent

3. vernonmaxwell86

muddling in the middle, per usual

4. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Another one of these threads. Lock it up

5. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

Headline: Rockets fire GM Daryl Morey !

= GREAT MOVE by Rockets Management

6. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Celtics getting Jason terry = Great move for them AND US...

Does that count?

1 person likes this.
  7. vernonmaxwell86

i wont believe their actually going the youth route until kmart and scola arent on this team anymore... until then..

8. rocketsfaninala

What an original topic!!!! Glad it's not like the other 5000 b**** threads on here. Today's twitter society is just a tad bit over reactionary.

9. dreamfellas21

dreamfellas21 Member

just wait it out people

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Nash wanted to go to LA, did you seriously want Nash to join Houston?
    Gordon is going back to New Orleans
    How is getting rid of Johnson great for ATL but then acquiring Johnson is also great for Nets, can't have both, it's one of the other.

11. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

In Morey We Trust

12. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe this person had not read the other topics. Maybe he/she does not spend all day on Clutchfans. What is 100 times worse than a Twitter society is a jerk society of which you have just added to.

13. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

That should be Morey's slogan since being GM

14. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Wait it out... till when dreamfellas?

15. rocketsfaninala

I don't read Clutchfans all day either, but when 3/4 of the topics on the first page are negative threads about the same thing then you kinda get the point. Not a jerk, just tired of seeing the forum clogged with the same threads over and over. It should all go in one thread not 5000 different ones.

16. FakeDarylMorey

waiting to see where howard goes

17. Nero

Nero Member

OH. MY. GOD.

This board USED to have a good reputation.

But now, with this offseason being so crazy because of the new CBA and so much potential movement around high-profile players, just when a lot more attention is going to naturally end up looking our direction, ESPECIALLY when our moves come to fruition (for example, Howard, Lin, Asik, JS, whoever else), now all of a sudden, this board has turned into a 'Low-IQ, My Vag Hurts!' board, with all of these brain-dead whining little twits.

Just stop it people.

There are more teams in the NBA than just Houston. Other teams work to make their teams better TOO. They are in competition with us, and us with them. Morey is one of dozens of GM's trying their damndest to make their teams better.

Maybe it'll happen the way we envision, most likely it won't. And more than likely, we will be, on balance, reasonably pleased with the outcome, because Morey is damn good at finding gems where other people have seen little value.

So next time you want to whine, or be negative, or spew your stupid tripe about Morey treating players like ASSETS (as though every other freaking GM doesn't), or how he has *FAILED* to bring a superstar here (as though he is not trying harder than ANYONE to do just that), instead of posting, or starting a new thread, or spouting off and bringing down the reputation of this board yet a few more points, stick a tampon in your whiny little vag and shut the hell up for a few minutes.

3 people like this.
  18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

In Morey he bust!

19. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

TANKING but not intentional.

20. rocketsmetalspd

I will wait till the 14th to decide on what exactly the Rockets are doing. I just can't to see the final roster and I hope it will be contending team not one heading straight for the Lottery.