1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Serious Discussion - what could we trade Tmac for...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, May 1, 2009.

1. valorita

valorita Member

2. matac3

matac3 Member

Personally, i would keep TMAC without a trade until his contract expires. If he wants to make the big bucks again once his contract is over, he knows he has to prove himself once again. Keep him next season, let him work his way back in , and if he doesnt come around next season then we get half of his contract back.

I really think he is in a bad mood and will prove himself next season. Make the guy work his way back in

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

u and I have been through this and u still haven't said what's overrated about his game.

4. valorita

valorita Member

Here's my reasoning why...
    From our series with Portland, our biggest needs are: starting PG, backup big, and scoring punch off the bench.

Arenas: A pg with size, is able to breakdown defenses consistently, is a scoring threat, and can hit the '3' at a respectable clip. Most importantly, is someone who can handle the ball late in-game.

Blatche: A young, lengthy, and athletic shot blocker type.

Jamison: Instant offense off the bench. Has excellent range and rebounds at a decent clip. Has been 6th man before, and so will not affect chemistry.

That leaves us with a lineup of

Arenas/Lowry
    Artest/Wafer
    Battier/Wafer/Jamison
    Scola/Jamison/Hayes
    Yao/Scola/Big stiff?

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

yeah I did, u just didn't like what I said about him. And we're going to go around in circles again if we continue this.

What TheGreat said about Bulls fans on Deng should be an eye opener for you.

6. DaNungaOne

DaNungaOne Member

Your joking right......i like all those guys but they are not all-stars or max level money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Tmac for a quality back up center and another wing player. I would love to get Richard Jefferson and a backup center.

8. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We aren't going to get value until someone see's him work out.

9. Chamillionaire

i wouldn't be surprised if he was traded, morey and les love trading players, but this is a speacial trade. we have a 20 million dollar expiring contract or get some players in return. i say let the man walk and sign some free agents in 2010, players will want to come here to play with Yao, hell Mac did. he's obviously passed his prime, therefore we're not going to get much value for him.

i say we keep him, let his contract run out and sign the best player you can, but make sure to sign yao, artest, luis, and shane to a long-term extensions.

10. TmacIsBack

TmacIsBack Member

keep tmac
    im tellin u if we trade him we will regret it
    just wait

11. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

gadzuric should be included in the deal.

12. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

haha that's funny dude.

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I love all these "too early to talk about next year... we need to focus on the playoffs... blah blah blah!" Like all of us sitting here BSing on our computers somehow cuts into the effort of the team to beat LA, etc.... LMAO!
    Oh, and screw TMAC - dang that just cost the team some collective synergy or something didnt it... get real! LOL

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

How about McGrady/Landry for Redd/CahrlieV? No defense added, but we get some length at the 4 and could probably roll at backup center (CharlieV is a legit 6-11). Redd is as good a shooter as they come and a decent slasher. I think Milwaukee is one of the teams hemoraging money.

15. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

I say no to adding another wing. Unless we are trading/ not resigning ron artest and barry.

Not enough minutes to go around, and rox desperately need a big man.

I would go for a tmac/scola for bosh/fillers.

and maybe even let artest go and sign ariza with part of artest contract.

16. gamor

gamor Member

leeg, Deng is not overrated. He is just injured and not happy with his contract situation with bull. Talking about overrated, I rather think Ben Gordon is overrated right now. From years of watching these two, Deng is clearly better player than Gordon. And Deng fits much better than Gordon to Rockets.
    1, Deng play better in off ball offense, he is not a ballhog,he is active without
    the ball.
    2, Deng is tougher on defense, which just fits with our team style. If bull has
    a health Deng to defense PP insteed of Salmons, PP's points even may drop
    more per game. And Deng is better rebounder than Salmons,he can help
    grab more rebounds for us.
    3, Deng has good finishing game at inside. when he gets an open look at the
    hoop inside, he's not typically going to lay up the ball, but dunk.

Since the bulls is so high on Amare/Bosh right now, there is a good chance to get Deng and Hinrich.

Yao/backup center/Hayes
    Scola/Landry
    Deng/Shane
    Ron/Von/Brooks
    Hinrich/Brooks/Lowry

Looks like pretty good lineup to me

17. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Get me a play making wing and a legit backup for Yao who can play alongside him if need be.

I've always said T-Mac to Gstate for Jackson, Crawford, and Randolph.

I would also do the T-Mac for Baron Davis and Camby trade that was proposed earlier.

18. kevtse

kevtse Member

19. drowsy11

drowsy11 Member

i like that bosh trade. alot of these trades have been basically just to add to our team without taking anything away, which i like, but it would of course be worth it to give up scola to get BOSH

20. drowsy11

drowsy11 Member

getting jackson AND crawford would be ridiculously awesome. i wouldnt know where minutes would go though - would we even resign wafer?