1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sergio Llull would be helpful next year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Miracles Boys33, May 7, 2013.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

They are different because like Garcia, they need to be declined in order to make a run at a max free agent, but unlike Garcia they will be tradeable on draft night much like Dalembert, and Brad Miller before them... Which Morey always finds a way to get value for on draft night since their team options can be declined after the draft.

Like I said before, Its very unlikely they are on the roster come July 7th.

However, a few weeks after that, things might break in a way that the Rockets can regain their services if another team doesn't either retain them in trade, or they have yet to sign with another team while they wait on Houston to make moves.

2. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Yen is Japanese. FYI, Japan and China hate each other.

3. King1

King1 Member

I'm taking everything into consideration. You can't honestly say with a straight face that Lin has any signifigant trade value on the open market. Especially with how the cap is likely to shape up. It's not hard to find a PG who will give you 13 and 6. Look at Felton's numbers this year and what he got paid in comparison to Lin. I'm not comparing the two players but it's just not hard to replace that type of production.

4. thumbs

thumbs Member

Nice catch, but you're stomping on my pun, son, ;) but still, Les won't yawn at the yuan.

5. pnr

pnr Member

You honestly think if Lin was a primary ball handler playing a more traditional PG role he wouldn't have better stats? I think GMs look at the context of the situation.

6. King1

King1 Member

Depends. His scoring and assists would rise as well as his TO's and his FG % would decline. He's not a guy GM's are going to be inquiring about unless he could be had on the cheap. That's just reality

7. rokit

rokit Member

why??

8. texanskan

texanskan Member

Bump

we need a real pg. Time to reach out, I know all the reports say he is happy but come on they all want to play in the best league at some point.

I'm sure if the EPL came calling for Brad Davis he would have to at minimum consider it.

Llull > Lin/Beverly