1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sergio Llull would be helpful next year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Miracles Boys33, May 7, 2013.

1. goyao11

goyao11 Member

worse rudy fernendez?

2. sefril

sefril Member

in before Rocket Booster/OHMSS saying that Llull is a scrub in Euroleague..

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Lull would be a solid combo guard. I don't know about a starter or a known commodity like lin, but he could very well be a solid pickup.

4. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

Could someone please explain to me why a player like Llull can enter the draft and yet not play in an NBA game? Does he have an obligation to play at least? Thanks in advance!

5. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Dude looks very average. Not athletic and has a strange floater you always try to have a consistent floater but his is all over the place. Bad footwork.

And also. If ur playing against a bunch of white guys regularly. Ur not gonna make an NBA team.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

No. I think that would be considered some sort of slavery if he were forced to play.

7. Raven

Raven Member

Lin is probably gone before the end of training camp.

8. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

Yes, and that is the reason why no European player has ever succeeded in the NBA :rolleyes:

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

can we trade jeremy lin to da real madrid for dis guy?

10. King1

King1 Member

People keep saying this but I don't see how. Lin had an underwhelming season to the point where most of our fanbase isn't comfortable with him as a starting pg. What makes you think another team is going to take him for anything of quality with two years left on his contract? There aren't many NBA teams who would be better off replacing their starting PG with Lin. I don't think he's tradeable until he becomes expiring.

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

Lin's going nowhere. The Rockets wouldn't have had that overly long exit interview if there was a chance he'd be traded.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Its been said many times before, but many unlikely circumstances would have to break in order for the Rockets to bring him over this year. Morey has hinted that they would try, but don't expect that to happen at all.

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

It will be interesting. It's the first year where he doesn't have a prohibitive buyout. The Rockets have described his current buyout as "affordable".

14. thumbs

thumbs Member

Rockets fans fail to remember Lin's real strength -- Les Alexander. Lin is Les' lucrative link (how's that for alliteration!) to the Chinese market that he discovered during Yao Ming's NBA career. Lin has talent and intelligence, but Les' yen for yen is his real anchor.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Yeah, I think alot of its gonna have to do with what happens in free agency first, and whats left out of their cap space afterwards. Llull will not be subject to the normal rookie scale, and given what he is making overseas, he's going to cost quite a bit.

However, if you look at their projected roster for next year, they are going to be extremely light at the 1, 2, & 3 spots knowing that Garcia, Delfino, and Brooks will have their team options declined so the Rockets can go after Dwight or CP3.

In theory this would be a great year for Llull to come over. There will be lots of opportunity for minutes with whoever they bring in along with Beverley and Anderson. On paper though with the salary cap/free agency situation, its going to be tough to pull off.

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I think the Rockets try to bring back Garcia and/or Delfino after they decline team option with the room exception if the Rockets get a big time free agent.

17. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

doesnt look any impressive than spanoulis' highlights

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

I think so too, but like you saw last year with Camby, they can't sit around and wait forever... or at least Garcia cant if there is money out there for him to make.

Delfino's situation is a bit different because of his injury. I think its possible him and Brooks might be traded similar to the Dalembert/Brad Miller contracts on draft night. Once, their team options are declined, Im not sure if the Rockets have the ability like the Garcia contract to re-sign them as an unrestricted free agent at a later date.

You sort of have to assume at this point that they are not going to be Rockets on July 7th.... now in August... who knows depending on what happens in free agency.

19. pnr

pnr Member

Just cause a few people on clutchfans think this after playoffs doesnt mean othet gms might think it.

20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I don't see why Delfino and Brooks would be different. I think Garcia, Delfino, and Brooks are all team options. It isn't like they are being amnestied. Hopefully, Howard decides quickly. I worry that a playoff team over cap will use enough of their MLE to bring in Garcia.

I could be completely wrong.