1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Serge Ibaka + Rockets = Championships

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by varughese.arun, Jan 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Too bad he'd be a pick and pop player.. I'll take my chances with Ryno in this offense..

2. Rokman

Rokman Member

I'd send Nene, McDaniels, Brewer and 2017 2nd Rd Pick for Ibaka. Keepin the rest of my goody bag.

varughese.arun likes this.
  3. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Previously, ibuka, wesrbook and durant are in one team. Finally, they just reach west final.

4. varughese.arun

I was trying to be funny... but that didn't come across well.

Yes you're right I do think the Rockets are going to attract free agents like flies to light.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He can bring defense and rebounding along with decent spacing. Ryno can't give us all of that. I doubt if we can get him without giving up too much in return.

6. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

Orlando is going to want a First round pick and something better than ennis/Corey/or KJ. probably hard to get Ibaka

7. mightybosstone

Can he give us rebounding, though? I like Ibaka in theory and think he could be a great third big to complement Ryno and Capela at the 4/5, but the guy has always been a pretty mediocre rebounder. Better than Anderson? Sure. But still below average for an NBA big man.

8. Vienna Calling

I think Ibaka will only be attainable via trade if makes it clear that he won't re-up with Orlando next summer. Otherwise our assets probably won't cut it for the Magic.

9. saleem

10. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ibaka is the Draymond Green eraser we need

Bids9 and varughese.arun like this.
  11. saleem

Please delete the previous post. I made an error, by not being able to post a reply.

I do agree that Ibaka isn't a great rebounder, but he is roughly the equivalent of Capela in this regard, and a is a good overall 4/5. I doubt if we can get him, and even if the Magic agree to trade him, it will probably cost us an arm and a leg to do so.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  12. varughese.arun

https://youtu.be/pifAi6Eyb

I tried to delete it, but I don't know how to delete a post.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This trade is tough to make, but part of me thinks we might love this Congo Savage in the playoffs.

Starting C...

14. mightybosstone

But he's really, really not. Ibaka's career TRB% is 14.3%, which is average to below average for a PF. This season (which has been similar to the last two), he's posting a TRB% of 12.4%, which is pretty bad (Nene is actually at 12.6%). That's well below average even by PF standards. Clint's career TRB% is 18.6%, and he's at 18.2% this season, which is 17th best in the entire league. There are a lot of positive to Ibaka's game, but rebounding is not one of them. Capela is miles ahead of him on the glass.

15. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

We would certainly need to bring in a 3rd team at minimum to make the trade work. Potentially Sacramento?

• Orlando gets Rudy Gay, McLemore + both 2nd Rounders.
      • They get a scorer in Rudy Gay
      • 2nd rounders likely to be in the middle of the round coming from Portland and Denver.
    • Sacramento gets Nene, Brew + 1st likely to be late in the 1st.
      • Becomes more enticing if they make the playoffs - they lose their 1st Round pick for '17 if they choose between 11-30.
      • If they fail to make the playoffs, Philly has rights to swap picks between 1-10
    • Rockets get Ibaka.
    We end up losing all of our draft picks this year, but if we're "All-In" this year, IMO, it's worth sacrificing 2017 draft picks.

Harden
    Bev/Gordon
    Ariza/Dekker
    Ryno/Ibaka/Harrell
    Capella/Ibaka/Harrell

IMO, you bring Ibaka off the bench. Ryno creates more spacing for Harden to operate and dont wanna mess with starting 5 chemistry. Bring Gordon and Ibaka off the bench with their first substitutions for Bev and Capella.

16. varughese.arun

Amazing work! Exactly everything he said.

17. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Jodie Meeks is the low priced guy off Orlando that would be the PERFECT 4th guard. Truly a shooting machine that fits D'Antoni...

1 year left at 6 million. Literally perfect for us. Brewer and a second rounder...

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Meeks is interesting. Why is he starting over Fournier?

And does anyone know what the hell Frank Vogel is doing with the Magic and their rotations?

The Magic are a team ripe for a trade. I don't think they move Ibaka considering they traded a lottery pick + Oladipo for him. They knew he would be a UFA so I expect they will MAX him. But the rest of the roster? odd.

RudyTBag likes this.
  19. craguin

craguin Member

... and played for MDA ...

charlieaustin and RudyTBag like this.
  20. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

This is the guy. He will take over Corey Brewer's 10-15 minutes and maybe more.