1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[September 14] Mayweather vs Canelo

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by 713, May 29, 2013.

?

Who you got?

1. Mayweather

51 vote(s)
    67.1%
  2. Canelo

25 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Never gonna happen as long as Pac is still involved with bob arum

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

A boxing insider predicted this fight would go down, a couple weeks after his last fight. The PPV numbers for that fight weren't as expected and Showtime lost money and they need to recoup. So Mayweather's advisor urged Floyd to take the biggest name, possibly biggest risk to fight.

For the record, I have no problems with catchweights. You have to compromise. As long as its in reasonable range. Not like the BS Floyd pulled in the Marquez fight. But this fight at 152, is fine.

Funny though, that not too long ago, regarding the Cotto fight, Mayweather himself said he doesn't do catchweights and wants his opponents to be at their best weight. LOL

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

It's called BOXING, Swoly. Floyd Mayweather, Jr. is a boxer. The best of my lifetime.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm not JUST talking about this thread...but this thread will do nicely. He's fighting a guy who is 42-0-1 and outweighs him and is a heavy hitter.

5. dragician

dragician Member

this is an exciting match but I predict it's still Floyd.

6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You can't keep me off your mind. They should change your username to swimfan. I hate catch weights. I've said it 100 times.

7. jocar

jocar Member

He's waiting for Pacman to get old and slow, I predict in 2020

8. SunsRocketsfan

umm how is that possible? this fight is schedled for september.. mayweather wont fight again till net year around May 2014.

9. SunsRocketsfan

it already happened.. pacman is old and slower and now damaged goods. A fight in pac's prime right after the cotto fight would have been epic.. now its like meh who cares

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

I don't keep up with boxing much, but how is this match-up? Is it fairly one-sided towards Mayweather? Or does Alvarez have a chance?

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

WTF -people aren't excited about this fight -- this is going to be huge -- this is a rare super fight and will break PPV records.

12. KingCheetah

Alvarez is young, but he is very good -- he definitely has chance -- he's much bigger than Mayweather as well. I bet Alvarez gains 10-15 pounds after the weigh in and Floyd will still be around 154.

13. SunsRocketsfan

this is probably mayweathers most challenging fight in quite some time. Alvarez is fairly new and very young (only 22) but he only recently started making a name for his self. He's not the fastest or quickest fighter but he does have power.. that's his one shot on beating flyod. He actually has the power to hurt Mayweather unlike the Guerrero fight. I stll think Mayweather will win and out box Canelo but you never know.. this is definitely the fight to watch.. Much better than the pac vs rios fight

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

People are pretty excited. Plus it's still a long way to go.

Sept - Mayweather-Canelo

Oct - Bradley-Marquez

Nov - Pacquaio-Rios

Not bad for a sport that is suppose to be "dead".

1 person likes this.
  15. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I dont really think Canelo has a chance, he is not ready yet.
    here in Mexico, Canelo is so overhyped, I dont believe in him.
    If he beats Floyd (which I dont think that will happen) I will eat crow, and will admit I was wrong.

16. KingCheetah

Yeah, that is 3 months of really interesting/ entertaining fights.

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

yup, this is a super fight and i'm stoked. this fight will challenge ppv records.

18. King1

Outside of Sergio Martinez (and it's debatable) this is the hardest fight out there Mayweather could have taken. Pac isn't a hard fight for him no matter what his delusionsal fan base thinks. Another thing they fail to realize is that fight will never happen as long as Pac is with Arum. Floyd gets his 32.5 million guarantee and then splits everything else 90/10 wih GBP. He's not going to split things 50/50 wiith TR. That ship sailed when Manny refused to take a drug test, Showtime signed him to the huge deal and JMM beheaded Pac

19. VanityHalfBlack

Beheaded, King 1 learns a new word everyday/ good job.

20. King1

Thanks. I wouldn't want to let the president of my fan club down