1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Separate The Wheat From The Chaff

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rokman, Jan 15, 2022.

?

Which Players Do You Continue To Build Around

1. Armoni Brooks (23 yo)

48 vote(s)
    24.6%
  2. Josh Christopher (20 yo)

164 vote(s)
    84.1%
  3. Usman Garuba (19 yo)

70 vote(s)
    35.9%
  4. Jalen Green (19 yo)

176 vote(s)
    90.3%
  5. Kenyon Martin Jr. (20 yo)

112 vote(s)
    57.4%
  6. Garrison Mathews (25 yo)

65 vote(s)
    33.3%
  7. Kevin Porter Jr. (21 yo)

52 vote(s)
    26.7%
  8. Alperen Sengun (19 yo)

185 vote(s)
    94.9%
  9. Jae'sean Tate (26 yo)

104 vote(s)
    53.3%
  10. Christian Wood (26 yo)

7 vote(s)
    3.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rokman

Rokman Member

I actually think Augustin and Nwaba (autocorrect changed his name to Beans - lol). Are the kinds of players contenders would jump at for the right price. They both have a good reputation around the league for being solid vets who bring a lot to the table.

My concern about getting rid of too many vets is that the young guys don't have anyone with experience to compete against in practice and that could set back their grow.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://theathletic.com/3078346/202...eration-factor-nba-trade-deadline-roundtable/

Sam Amick: As for sellers, keep an eye on Houston as we get closer to the deadline. There’s lots of chatter about the Rockets being even more open for business than we may have previously thought, with one rival executive indicating that Houston is still on the lookout for a franchise centerpiece-worthy player and thus open to all sorts of possibilities (translation: While Jalen Green is seen as a big part of their future, Harden’s old spot has yet to be truly filled). Christian Wood can be had, it seems, and John highlighted the Charlotte possibility in a piece with our Rockets beat writer, Kelly Iko.

There’s a fitting way to end this discussion here, too, guys: It’s been just 15 months since Morey resigned from the Rockets and Rafael Stone was elevated to the general manager role. The pressure, for him and for so many others this time of year, is quite palpable at the moment.

D-rock likes this.
  3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Are we really trying to get a franchise level player by trade? Who do they have in mind, I hope it's not some aging player like Dame

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Totally random because he hasn't been in trade rumors but I would empty the proverbial clip of assets/picks/players for Tatum, even sending Green out.

5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I don’t really believe this unless Tillman is getting impatient. Stone strikes me as having a solid re-building plan centered around a go for a big trade or FA in 2024. That’s not to say they he may be opportunistic if something were to fall in his lap. Zion perhaps? If Tillman is getting involved look out for Simmons (God forbid) or Dame.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dame coming here would be so pointless. This team is no where close to win now mode and Dame is at that part of his career where he is in win now mode.

He'd turn into another Wall type situation where we have this highly talented vet who either is going to take away minutes and touches away from our young guys' development or he's going to sit on the bench.

7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Agree totally.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  8. NewAge

NewAge Member

Spyda Mitchell is the only player who is somewhat lose in his socket (reported frictions with Gobert and with the organization) that I am interested in.
    On top of age/career-stage issues, Dame is the worst defender in the NBA top 30. Despite bad reputation over the years, players like Harden, Jokic, Curry and LaVine are close to neutral on D if you watch the game closely. Trae Young is a negative, but Dame is the worst of the lot.

(I am obviously ignoring Tyler Herro, even though some people here have a boner for him, on grounds that he's nowhere close to Top 30. But if somebody wants to consider him as a target, like people did last year, than he would be the worst on D)

9. futilman

futilman Member

Nowhere. He has to get playing time for you to see it. Plenty of video from Real Madrid though.

10. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

Why are they trying to get a franchise level guy already in year 1 of the rebuild?

11. Rokman

Rokman Member

I wonder how many of those 175 votes for Green would still be there if everyone repolled. The answers are changeable.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Green, Alpy, and surprisingly KPJ (who has shown us a lot of what an incredibly player he can be of late). Tate, KJ, Garison, JC look like they are destined to be solid rotation players. You need a front court star pf and another good center to go along with these guys

D-rock likes this.