1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For Sale Sennheiser HD 650 headphones, mint

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by Xenochimera, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Member

Good evening Rockets fans, I have a mint condition HD 650 for sale, they were purchased over year ago from Electronics Expo (authorized senn. dealer) and have been used lightly. No scuffs or dents, includes original box, paperwork, 1/8-1/4 adapter. looking for $350 shipped, or if you are willing to pickup (tri-state area) there is a slight discount.

2. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Member

Can you be more specific on the "used lightly" part? Also, as a user, how would you review/rate these headphones? I'm not an extreme audiophile, but I do appreciate a good pair of headphones. Still, I have no idea what would make a $500 pair of headphones great enough to warrant that price. Is the difference between these and say, a $200 pair of headphones all that great?

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Member

Sennheiser are really one of, it not the best over the ear headphones I've ever owned. Love them on the plane, complete noise cancellation and the audio is crisp. GREAT set of headphones.

4. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Member

lightly used as in they have always been used indoors in a non-smoking pet free environment, regularly cleaned and have never been dropped or suffered from other types of impact. No dents, no scuffs, I don't believe I even see chipping of the paint.

how would i rate these? simply the best I have ever owned, this was the flagship headphone from sennheiser awhile back and while they are no longer the best out there i would still consider them high end. however i would say the difference between a $200 headphone and $500 is smaller than the difference from a $100 headphone and a $200 headphone, diminishing returns after a certain point.

also this headphone requires amp to drive properly, so factor that in as well, and sounds great as long as the music bitrate is 256 or greater