1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Senior Year Starts Tomorrow...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 713, Aug 26, 2012.

1. 713

713 Member

So I'm really excited about tomorrow. It is the start of the conclusion of high school! It's been a fun ride and hopefully my dreams and aspirations come true this year. I am applying to Baylor, Texas Tech, and U of H soon and I can't wait to start the next chapter in my life.. High school has been a drag :(

Are there any tips for me to calm down and sleep? I'm like really hype right now..

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Know any 18 year old chicks?

3. 713

713 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/40pkxluDsIw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Deviuz

Deviuz Member

Same here man. 3 years went by in a flash, hopefully this one goes by just as fast.

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

I start senior year a week from Wednesday. Can't believe how fast my teens have gone. Feels like I was just 13.

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

What is this, facebook?

7. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

... kam?

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'll be starting high school next year. Pretty damn excited if you ask me.

9. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Tomorrow is my first day of intermediate school. I have to ride the bus and am I pretty scared. I feel sick.

1 person likes this.
  10. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

I'll be first to say. The real world sucks. I dream every day of returning and re-living my high school days.

If only i could go back =(

11. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Some unsolicited advice for the coming year:

1. Don't be an ******* and completely slack off on all your schoolwork, until at least February.

2. Try to get laid. A lot. Don't worry about the drama or burned bridges, you'll be out of touch with 95% of your graduating class within five years anyway. And even if you fail, you'll gain invaluable experience for your freshman year of college, when it gets exponentially easier.

3. This conflicts somewhat with #2, but be nice to everybody. With the exception of some of the "Everything about this place sucks and I hate everything" crowd, there's going to come a point where lots of people start feeling sentimental and just want to be friends with everyone else. Take advantage of that, you might find yourself enjoying the company of people you wouldn't normally expect to hang out with.

1 person likes this.
  12. Relentless

Relentless Member

Did you get rid of that ****ty haircut?

2 people like this.
  13. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Enjoy this time man, everything after this sucks ass.

1 person likes this.
  14. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Tomorrow's my first day of public middle school. I don't know how to dress. Should I wear Jnco's or Z Cavaricci's? Are looney tunes gangster shirts cool?

1 person likes this.
  15. Isabel

Isabel Member

To sleep: chamomile tea with milk. And a hot bath. These are girly solutions to the problem, I realize, and probably you'll just start out the school year sleep deprived like most everybody else. :) Otherwise...

As dharocks said, let the "senioritis" wait until the first semester is over. I would say: hang out. Enjoy it. Act like you own the place. You have a great future and nothing to fear from anyone, but you will never be here at this time and place again, so have fun with it. I wish so much I'd known how to relax and have fun more - and not be intimidated by anybody - when I was actually that age. Grown-up life doesn't have to suck, but you'll still miss the chances you have if you don't take them now. (chances to do good stuff, not stupid stuff :) )

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Senior year for me too.
    Gotta make the most of it!

17. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I miss those days man. Make the most of it

18. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Good luck!

What I regret most about my senior year of HS is not caring. At all. About a single thing. Crap... the only school I bothered to apply to was Arizona State. Let's just say that it didn't turn out very well.

19. IBTL

IBTL Member

my only advice is to smash as much tail as you can get your hands on.

Not sure if you ended up banging your gal yet, but if so I would make sure to smash that as much as possible too.

I'm not saying you should be a dog and cheat on your gal, but I would definitely take the liberty to smash as much tail as you can get your hands on.

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I hated high school for the most part but senior year was the best. Enjoy it and soak it all in.