1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sengun & Wood

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HROZ, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Wood to GS for Kuminga, Moody and Looney.

2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Johnathan Kuminga and Jalen Green reunited

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

it was also pretty obvious rockets gonna play Wall this season to increase his trade value and now the opposite is obvious

burlesk likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

Verbal Christ likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

dont derail from the topic, you have random trade ideas thread for such random ramblings

Grizzlyshark likes this.
  6. HROZ

HROZ Member

I do feel like a defensive minded big like Ben Simmons if available for Wood & Gordon might complement Sengun better.
    Though the spacing issues gets worse. Much worse.

Simmons though needs to give up on being Magic Johnson & work on being a better Draymond Green.

Set picks, roll to the rim. Make smart passes.

Trackwell likes this.
  7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Im confused at why you've already labeled Sengun a bad defender before the season has even started.

8. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Why would the Sixers need Wood?

Trackwell likes this.
  9. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Wood is only 26 and I would like to keep him, however his time table is ahead of the young guys and he might be looking for max soon so yeah we may have to trade him sadly.

10. HROZ

HROZ Member

Wood is a big spacing big who can 100% play with Embiid. With shooter all around.
    Harris gets the other F position & then Green Korkmaz Thybulle get the rest of the mins.
    But 2 agile bigs who can defend to the perimeter & provide spacing for each other can play together.

Summer league showed he might be an average defender. But not a good one. Imo.

2 average defenders at the big positions, makes me a little nervous.

11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I dont see the Sixers going for Wood and I think thats wishful thinking from Rockets fans. Though Im not sure whay we would want Simmons at the price and drama. Secondly Sengun looked like a great defender in summer league not average. That probably means he'll be good in the NBA.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Wall has no value with the sheer size of his contract. There was never a point where anyone here thought Wall would even match the value of his contract. The only reason the Rockets made this trade was to appease Westbrook.

don grahamleone likes this.
  13. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

The idea that Wood is too old is laughable, if the team will be good in 3-4 years they will need vets mixed in with the young guys.

That said, he certainly should be moved in the right deal.

Grizzlyshark and Corrosion like this.
  14. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

How would we land 2 of those players

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

but why?
    hes the guy you hope your young kids and picks will develop into.....
    unless we get janis or luka in a deal i am not moving wood

if he were on the lakers or some other team you will be envious of them having such a gem and would create threads proposing how many picks we should offer to trade for him or a player of his caliber or you would propose to draft such and such player because he reminds you of wood lolololol

eyhab27, burlesk and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

the point was not the trade value but the obviousness of the things...its not really pretty obvious wood is only a trade bait...all the realists who predicted wall will get a plenty of playing time(because it was pretty obvious) suddenly found themselves in another reality alltogether that looks like their former fantasy world...perhaps they should realize now the reality is more fluid than they can imagine ;)

burlesk and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Be the worst team in the league for the next two years.

Draft either Chet or Paul in the next draft and either Wendy or Bates the year after.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so you like the tanking job the sixers have done?

why not just trade for their players right now ie fultz , ben simmons, okafor, they are available you know? and could be get on the cheap....lololololol

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

idgaf who you pair with Sengun. just want to see him out there, lol

clsoest ive come to "fanboying" over one particular player. Still not doing it... but i think growing up in the Hakeem era ive been jonesing for a post player with fancy footwork that just plays smart up and down defense.

In no way do i expect him to be anywhere close to Hakeem (lacking the physical attributes), but i love the way he plays, and because he has a bit of a dribble and an improving 3pt jumper, it fits for today's era well.

THAT SAID... I love the Wood/Sengun combo offensively. Either guy can step out. Either guy can post. Wood is less of a passer and more of an athletic freak. Sengun is more cerebral.

Obviously defensively it isn't a masterpiece of a combo... but i think just the energy and smarts that Sengun will bring might rub off on Wood a bit. Like both guys will be going for swats. And heck, it's two duded 6'10 plus that are in your frontcourt. I'll take that for sure.

20. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Same. Sengun may get Iso’d to death, but I think he’ll be better than say Ryan Anderson out there. I also like the idea of KJ or Tate (or both) just generally causing havoc as the 3rd front court player, and someone like Josh Christopher doing the same on the perimeter.

They may not be good, but they should at least be fun to watch. They won’t all work out, but if even half these young guys work out, the rebuild will be fun.

burlesk and don grahamleone like this.