1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sengun is a black hole

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 23, 2021.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

You need to face the music. Sengun played 28 minutes a game in
    Turkish league but only 29 games plus 5 playoff games

explain going from 40% from 3 to 7.7% from 3 near that range.
    Kid ain't in Turkey anymore.

2. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

i know, so we should not feel surprised if his PT being cut down or his performance getting worse / ugly

3. hakeemthagreat

Advanced metrics are literally PROJECTIONS and fantasy stats lol. Jalen Green is by FAR our best talent. Sengun is max Vlade Divac. By the end of year, you'll be blaming Coach Silas on Sengun not "being a star". Based on the eye test, Green will be a SUPERSTAR

4. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

5. HookemHorns1250

All these arguments between Sengun and Green, why not both become superstars? Problem solved.

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

And you are now blocked.

Really should be no room in this forum for your bigotry.

aaquaa likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dude, Divac‘s NBA numbers were not that great, at least his scoring numbers and assist numbers could be surpassed, to be had.

His block rate was good admittedly. Steal numbers could be outdone too.

#147 daywalker02, Dec 25, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
    cmoak1982 and aaquaa like this.
  8. hakeemthagreat

Interesting because I pointed out the clear Sengun bias here, and now I'm being accused of the bias? Lol. Sengun will be a decent role player, in the same category as Luis Scola (one of my favorite players).
    Bigotry? Lol. There is literally nothing bigotry in not thinking highly of a player's talent. You're projecting you're own ignorance on others

9. juanming

juanming Member

Sengun is a 6'10 white male. Not a black hole. I know of only two things that are black holes, one in outer space when a star explodes, and the other is in my bum bum.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He needs to learn to play out and let his teammates drive. Can't clog up the middle every possession

11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

When Sengun gets a reliable outside shot it’s going to take his game to the next level.

cmoak1982, robbie380 and Patience like this.
  12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Vlade was an excellent player and very good defender. If Sengun turns out as good as him then that will be stellar. That said Sengun is showing significantly better assist numbers than Vlade as a rookie and he's 2 years younger.

Both Jalen and Sengun have a lot of things to work on. It's hard for me to see Green as clearly the best talent when he has never shown the ability to shoot consistently at any point in his youth, high school, G league and now NBA career. I feel like he should be a knockdown shooter, but it's just not there yet. They both need to keep hitting the gym and shooting 3s this offseason.

amaru, aaquaa and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is hideous when he passes up a perfectly natural shot.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  14. hakeemthagreat

Vlade was a solid nba player. Me comparing Sengun to Vlade doesn't make me a bigot lol.

They both need to work on their games. But the narrative Sengun is our best player is stupidity at it's highest level. Not saying you're spreading this, but this is the foolishness I've calling out.

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Sengun is the best rookie on the team, period. Has tremendous upside.
    He and Green can be a great duo. Green has a lot further to go to reach his potential.
    Might be a case of higher floor vs higher ceiling.
    Anyone that claims different has obvious biases.

AlperenSengun likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You are the fool.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. hakeemthagreat

A fool for not thinking Sengun is a star? Um, okay bro lol

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Nah **** that ****, you CONSTANTLY try and insert race into the argument and then put it on others, it's bullshit. And before you even try that ****, I'm not white, and you're not gonna flip the script on me in any way, shape or form. Everybody can see your post history and the bullshit narratives you're trying to push, clown.

Edit: Also, you're too transparent with your blind hatred of Sengun. All of your posts are either criticising Sengun or claiming fans only like him because he's white (though actually Middle-Eastern and not "white European" so even that's moronic.) You're nowhere near as slick as you think you are, out here pulling far-right Trumptard tricks like nobody got wise to them the last few years.

clutchdabear and cmoak1982 like this.
  20. hakeemthagreat

Constantly insert race? Give me examples. I DID however point out the bias towards Sengun here and other players from different countries. If Sengun plays decent "he's our best player". If he plays bad it's the refs fault or Silas might be "incompetent" or "racist". THIS is what I'm responding too. You're clearly a idiot

My opinion is purely basketball. He's not our best player and will probably never be. He'll be lucky to become Luis Scola. Is that racial? No. He'll probably be a role player. You keep raising the expectations on him and YOU will look stupid not me