1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sengun is a black hole

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 23, 2021.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

LOL

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You’re a proven idiot. Sengun is by far a better player than Green right now.

When Green develops basketball skills and Sengun gets an NBA body, they will be a really strong duo.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

OP is a total hole, no matter the color.

aaquaa and cmoak1982 like this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[​IMG]

Jontro, Tuckankhamun, Bo6 and 2 others like this.
  5. htownborn34

htownborn34 Member

The Rockets aren’t good enough to deem any player a black hole. Literally everyone on the squad try’s to get their own buckets because there’s no real star and most of these guys are trying to establish themselves. Also the Rockets don’t have a real point guard and Sengun may just be the teams best playmaker, especially in the half court sets so why wouldn’t you put the ball in his hands when he’s clearly a plus on that side of the ball, it’s not like he’s a major turnover machine and whatever mistakes he does make let him make them, we’re not going to the playoffs don’t let that 7 game win streak fool you. Yeah he played in Turkey for a few years but he’s still 19 and not even old enough to drink yet, why you feel he can’t get any better is beyond me when he still has things he can improve upon

berkowsk, javal_lon, aaquaa and 2 others like this.
  6. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You dont know that and if you knew that you would never be wrong on anything basketball related ever. Given his set of skills he could easily become an all star several years down the road but he needs to be given a chance. They all need to be developed and given a chance not written off 3 months in the first season as a 19 year old in the league. Its ridiculous.

aaquaa likes this.
  7. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

This is what happened

aaquaa likes this.
  8. 34to11

34to11 Member

Sengun may have a future on this team but he is in no way the future "of" the team.

Silas' offense is absolutely a known commodity. The Rockets featuring extremely young talent (including Sengun) in the early stages of development is the obstacle.

Sengun is a talented and gifted player, especially for a 19 year old rookie, but he is hardly the savior some seem to want to make him.
    Particularly because, for all his gifts, his two greatest impediments are things that won't likely change: his lack of both height and athleticism.

So, to my original point, the onus is on him to continue to learn and grow within the offense and appreciate the value of team ball movement.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What the hell are you talking about with Silas' offense being a "known commodity". This is his first job as a head coach, he has had a terrible losing record (not all his fault), his rotations are all over the place and so is the offense (defense even worse).

10. vator

vator Contributing Member

Am I the only one that just hates the title of this thread? Every single time I read it my brain reads something else much worse lmao.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Sengun is a black man?

Nook, javal_lon, aaquaa and 2 others like this.
  12. vator

vator Contributing Member

What if you started to say the word hole and were interrupted? What if I told you there was another word? A word that cannot be explained, but must be seen and experienced for yourself?
    [​IMG]

KingCheetah likes this.
  13. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Sengun is most certainly not a Black 'Hoe

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Silas offense is in no way a proven commodity, he has had one season where an all time great talent in Doncic lead them to a productive season. That didn’t result in a ton of wins either.
    We will disagree on the future. Sengun is the main young guy that can be built around at this point. Green a close second.
    And Sengun isn’t undersized or a weak athlete, he isn’t overly huge or have elite explosiveness, but he isn’t a negative in those categories either.
    He makes up for not being an elite athlete relatively speaking by knowing how to play the game.

#114 cmoak1982, Dec 24, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
    aaquaa, vlaurelio, Patience and 2 others like this.
  15. hakeemthagreat

Green already has basketball skill smuck. As I stated, his struggles earlier were due to SPACING, not skill. If you watched him last nite you'd of seen his skill firsthand. He's the most talented player on our roster. Sengun is at best a Vlade Divac

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Green is all athlete. He doesn’t have a single elite basketball skill…..yet.
    The league is littered with hyper athletic guards that can’t play basketball.
    If Sengun was darker complexion, you would be all over his nuts.
    Keep up your schtick though my guy.

Ankara1923, aaquaa and Bobbythegreat like this.
  17. alethios

alethios Member

black holes don't pass. Have you watched the games?

Ankara1923, javal_lon, aaquaa and 3 others like this.
  18. 34to11

34to11 Member

It's a matter of immutable fact that Silas scripted a historically efficient NBA offense. Minimizing his role is either ignorant or disingenuous.
    Even more demonstratively, note how, despite virtually the same roster, Doncic and the Mavs have fared since Silas' departure.

That said, I think I get you now.

You're clearly in with the narrative lock, stock, and barrel. And judging by your other comments, you're steeped in the identity politics that birthed it all as well. That means objectivity is likely out the window.
    I probably should have gotten the hint when you wrote that Sengun was the future of the franchise.

I guess that explains your reluctance to acknowledge the obvious as well, despite the fact that size and lack of athleticism were almost universally the book on Alperen pre-draft.

It's okay though, we can disagree.
    But my initial assertion that Sengun is a ball stopper remains uncontroverted.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Which is a more embarrassing thread, this one, or the "Bill O'Brien knows what he's doing" thread in the Texans forum?

I'm still on record that this is a troll thread, and that no one is stupid enough to actually think the best passer on the team is a "black hole", but the Bill O'Brien thread was 100% from the heart.

harold bingo and aaquaa like this.
  20. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

[​IMG]

Ankara1923 and Joe Rocket like this.