1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sengun is “starting” material

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Oct 16, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

aaquaa likes this.
  2. Caesar

Caesar Member

I still love Jalen's potential to be a superstar in this league, but Sengun is absolutely NBA ready right now and with heavy minutes, could easily be in the ROY conversation. The only excuse i can see for Silas wanting Theis starting is language barrier, but Al-p's vision and IQ is basketball language and he knows it fluently. Defensively, Theis is not going to make a difference overall on this horrible team and Al-p's being underestimated on that side of the ball anyway. He more than makes up for his lack of lateral foot speed with effort.

aaquaa, Dobbizzle and D-rock like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Green positively surprised me despite poor showing.. i was sceptical from the start because the hype was annoying and seemed baseless...however i figured now he has a lot of talent and potential...with hard work theres a great chance he becomes something special...in games i like when hes super agressive making things happen and driving to the rim...needs to be non stop in the gym shooting 3s and practicing handles....i would have also liked it a lot if hed be willing to go to g league to get as many as possible games under his belt

aaquaa likes this.
  4. Caesar

Caesar Member

Gleague is out of the question especially after already playing there last year as an 18 year old. A bench role would be more respectable way to treat him, but i think he's ready to start on this bad team now-it's just KPj having to learn point guard at the same time and that's gong to make things very ugly. Green did start slow in the G-League as well, but ultimately i just don't like the fit with KPj.

aaquaa likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i suggested he plays both g league and nba games as well to get as much as possible playing experience

i suspect hell never develop if coaches pussyfoot around him in order to avoid disrespecting him... going to g league isnt disrespect.... its to get as many as possible repetitions......hell find about the true disrespect if he busts...due to lack of repetitions

why should g league be out of question for him?
    see this is the reason why people fail, they are not willing to do the work and be humble to admit they need it...they want to become nba champions by the sheer strength of their will...

it aint working that way, you need to work and practice more than the average players if you want to be special, just the fancy haircut aint get you there... its ridiculous how raw he looks... he needs all the playing time in the world

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

If Green has to go to the Gleague so should KPj to learn point. In fact, Green would fit better to let him learn to adjust to the NBA speed and physicality just doing what he naturally does, while KPj is learning a whole new position with less than half a season of NBA games under his belt.

I just think its a fine line between asking a player to do the hard work and respecting him as a player who earned the #2 and could have gone #1 especially when others before him got to struggle and learn their way in actual NBA games- not the Gleague. You gotta balance how you treat these top picks. Obviously it would be easier to ask Green to go to the Gleague if he was a super raw foreign prospect or late lotto pick, but not a #2 in contention for #1. You know both Cade and Mobley will go through the grind in NBA games. Making Green go down to the Gleague is looking for an unnecessary rift between our top pick and the franchise. It makes no sense for a team thats expected to be picking in the high lottery again next summer.
    Green will be fine. Hes going to struggle early like he did in the gleague last year too. He and KPj won't work though imo.

BTW you should look at rookie game logs for most of today's superstars and all stars and former stars. Its not pretty. Even looking at entire rookie seasons, its mostly not pretty historically. Year 2s aren't any better.

aaquaa likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The most entertaining part of tonight’s game was the Sengun vs Horford battle

Horford won, but it was fun.

aaquaa and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Silas:

[​IMG]

conquistador#11 and hakeem94 like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Also Silas:
    [​IMG]

aaquaa likes this.
  11. DreamR

DreamR Member

12. a time to chill

13. HeyBudLetsParty

The amount of dimes in 30 games for a rookie backup center is insane

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

dont even start me on the quality

silas and stone are denying alpi of roy and the fans of some historic stuff

aaquaa likes this.
  15. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Hate to say this but Thesis and Gordon with 1st rd pick could get you a good starter who might help this team now.

Maybe Reddish from Atl? throw in Gallarni salary to make ends meet. I bet atlanta would let him go for future 1st or one of those nets picks.

This would slide Segun into the Thesis spot.

aaquaa likes this.
  16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I highly doubt we will be trading anyone until near or at the deadline. Stone is waiting for teams to become truly desperate and I 100% support that decision.

17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I kindof doubt we trade anyone. Wood really screwed up his trade value. He will have to be really aggressive to improve it by the trade deadline. Gordan is playing some of the best ball of his career, but his age and injury history is going to limit his value to a late round pick. Might be worth it just to keep him, because, with Green’s progression, we really might be in line for the playoffs next year.

18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Wood is still at the very, very least absolutely serviceable as a spark off the bench on a contending team and we all know how valuable that is come playoffs. Gordon might be old, but the window for a championship team is also really small. There will definitely be teams IMO willing to trade for him and shed younger talent to maximize their championship window.

19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Man, I hope you’re right. I don’t see Wood adjusting well to a bench role. He just doesn’t seem to have the “i will do what it takes” mentality.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

oh he has it all... he just needs a better coaching

eliefor3 likes this.