1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sengun Injury Thread (UPDATE: Severely sprained ankle, bone bruise knee)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Mar 10, 2024.

1. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

You're welcome. Thank you for keeping it positive. All that you mentioned about Fred is why he may not be a Rocket long term. Amen will most likely start (his shot will get better and he creates offense with his defense and rebounding). Too valuable to sit. Adams being a Rocket is a great indicator that Brooks isn't going anywhere. That leaves FVV's talent and salary to help upgrade the roster for phase 3.

Let me clarify. I was going to post what I mentioned and more a while back when @Plowman started the "any info on Tari" thread but I was super busy then I was sick for a couple of weeks.

I dont believe Jalen would take on FVV's role as the primary ball handler, floor general etc. Amen will. That's my bad because I relayed info and didn't mean for it to come off as if they hope Jalen could be the "floor general." per say. But Jalen is going to bring the ball up/run the offense from time to time like he's doing now. I don't understand some of the responses because Jalen is already doing this. He can replace FVV's production next season (as a shooting guard). That's if he still a Rocket. He rubbed the coaching staff the wrong way with the complaining but things could already be better now, idk.

This part's not directed to you; I'm not going to respond here anymore because all of this is off topic. Anyone who knows me knows that my family are friends with celebrities and retired NBA players. Not that it's a big deal, but if I share some sort of insight then that's what it is.

Before my mother passed, MJ's mother sent me some of Michael's personal collection of Jordan brand sweaters and hoodies. My mom, MJ, his mom and sister Roslyn were close friends. I won't ever wear the clothes cause its not my style and it's all too big for me to fit. I don't know how to post photos here, but I know how some of y'all are so if u want proof, pm me and I'll share them via IG.

Jimmy Kimmel gave a tribute to my mother live on his show when he found out my mom passed. Proof is posted on my IG. Just an example of some people we know. I've been on TV and on his show as a guest multiple times..

Some people say this is DD's alternate account, but I'm a black man awarded the key to Missouri City TX. We're close with many ex-Rockets. Had season tickets throughout my childhood and traveled with the team, stayed at the same hotels etc.

I couldn't care less about validation. I thought I'd share something. I've been a member here for over 20 years. I'm not an insider, but some of y'all are way too ignorant and negative and I see why people rarely share any inside info here anymore.

Wishing you all the best, and Sengun a speedy recovery. YOLO's b**** ass is on ignore. Gn

#601 BasketballMind, Mar 15, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2024
  2. clos4life

clos4life Member

FTs for himself, 3s to open up the game for self and driving lanes for others. I almost prefer the ability to shoot the open 3 if only one of the two is possible.

3. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Seems illogical to me. He's at his most effective inside the 3pt line, not stood outside where he's not really a threat. Makes way more sense to work on the FT's considering how often he gets to the line and how much more often he'll get to the line when he gets the star calls.

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

I personally am tired of seeing him open for a 3 and not shooting them, either because he was the last person on a fast break or because using ball movement he gets the ball at the 3 point line and the opponent knows he will drive 90% of the time or if he shoots it the percentage will be low. Learning to shoot the 3 ball will largely open up his game either by shooting or driving and attacking the basket or dishing to teammates.

Don't get me wrong, he definitely has to get that FT% up, but between the 2 for next season I prefer the 3. Eventually both have to come up, and his jumper has to become more widely used as well because that flamingo shot and the shotput shot are both money.

AroundTheWorld and kspires999 like this.
  5. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I'm not saying he shouldn't shoot the 3. I 100% think he should stop the pump fakes and hesitating, I just think he should spend his time perfecting his FT shot (and the deeper midrange he'd get as a side bonus, let's be honest, his FT shot will be his jump shot, he doesn't jump when he shoots.) He's going to take way more of those and he's the focus of our offense. He's not a stretch 4 roleplayer who's there to stretch out the D, he's the guy in the paint the D was stretched out for in the first place (or at least, he should be.)

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. clos4life

clos4life Member

I don't totally disagree with your take, I still think the 3 will yield more points in the long run and completely open the offense for himself and others, but it's not like he doesn't shoot between 5-6 FTs per game. At 70% he currently shoots he makes about he loses out on about 2FTs on average. I feel like he is not likely to get hacked to the line much as is, if he just improves his FTs just a little bit. The 3s at about 30% reaaally need to go up so it opens the game for him and everyone else.

That being said, I respect your opinion and I think it's a very valid take. I will not be upset if he comes back this year shooting 80% of FTs and the benefits this would bring.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

It has been refreshing reading your respectful discourse, reminds me of when this place got started, well done.

Nice job @Dobbizzle and @clos4life

DD

topfive and Philip K. Nick like this.
  8. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Is Sengun back yet?

conquistador#11 and eliefor3 like this.
  9. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

I am also in the ft first camp. One, it is easier to improve and more importantly alpi will get fouled a lot in the clutch.

He should take more of the open 3s though. For the 3s even before improving he should change his mindset.

clos4life, plegus and HardenReturns like this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He should practice quick release 3s.

clos4life and AlperenSengun like this.
  11. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Yes, but it is more of a mental thing. His release is slow because mentally he is resisting to take 3s. He said I don’t want to take a lot of 3s, which tells me a lot.

AroundTheWorld and clos4life like this.
  12. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Apparently Sengun is out of his walking boot now , as reported by Kelly Iko

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

That's very quick...and promising. Where was this reported?

conquistador#11 likes this.
  14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

15. conquistador#11

immediately who I thought of when I read that post.

KingCheetah likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They'd follow up with pictures......

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

went in

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sources - Sengun has begun training this special practice court:

19. KingCheetah