1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sending positive vibes to Ryan Anderson thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamShook, Jan 6, 2018.

1. macan

macan Member

all i remembered was that he bricked a 3 and missed a defense assignment that lead to a layup...

Zboy and s3ts like this.
  2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

s3ts likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Your anger is inefficient and I'm disappointed in all of you.

trash gif btw. I don't expect much from you anymore.

hakeem94 and justtxyank like this.
  4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

For 20 million.

macan likes this.
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Angry? The only one that has called others idiots in the last couple of posts has been you.

Settle down and educate yourself on how salary cap works and how it can hold a team back on bad decision.

But then again I am not surprised considering you yourself said that you dont care about salary cap and let Morey take care of that.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he is the useless albatross preventing this team from being able to match GS star for star

roxallways and Zboy like this.
  7. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

I don't think anyone if defending Ryan Anderson.
    Any Rocket that played poorly is going to be open to criticism.
    That includes Ryan Anderson and Gerald Green.

It is clearly obvious Ryan has lost his confidence, and even when he is open, he is not shooting the ball.
    With that said, when Ryan is on the floor, he plays solid defense, boxes out, rebounds and set screens.
    Unfortunately, we also need him to set screens, especially when we play Golden State, which has such a high powered offense.

In regards to Gerald Green, except for one game, he has been horrible in the playoffs.
    I was originally reluctant to criticize Gerald because I don't like to over-react, especially since everyone has a bad game every now and then.
    However, Gerald has had the worst plus / minus on the Rockets in the playoffs, and it is not even close.
    Gerald barely even attempts to play defense.
    Andrew Wiggins went off on Gerald in the Rockets / Wolves series and it is what allowed the Wolves to stay close in a few of the games.
    Utah did the same thing to Gerald and in this game, Golden State scored at will when Gerald was in the game.

Both Ryan and Gerald are open to criticism.
    But is clear, Gerald lack of defense is hurting the Rockets chances in winning games against Golden State.
    If we are going to win this series as well as a championship we are going to need Ryan to shoot the ball and Gerald to play defense.

DreamShook likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Hell yeah I'm angry. I'm not too cool to say it either.

I'm angry the Rockets lost.

My anger will dissipate though. I'll be good in a couple hours.

Your anger for Anderson will live on.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Why not start Ryan at center next game and let the 3's fly

Ryan - C
    PF - Ariza
    SF- Harden
    SG- Gordon
    PG - Paul

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ryan Anderson does not shoot, does not "let it fly" and coach rightfully puts his ass right back on the bench. A pump fake & pass back out ain't gonna cut it.

Might as well dust off Joe Johnson.

Ersan & Beli would look good right now.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Ryan Anderson should be sent fishing. Just taking up a bench spot

Bring back Bobby Brown, much better cheer leader at a fraction of RHyno's price

hakeem94 and Zboy like this.
  12. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

I don't think his anger for Anderson will live on unless you keep triggering him

That's how hating trash players works, eventually one gets bored.

But if there is somebody who keeps trying to say that trash player is actually not completely useless, that'll be a different story, it really fuels the hate.

Zboy likes this.
  13. vonwafer

vonwafer Member

When you go up against GSW you need to be firing on all cylinders because there is little to no margin for error. Having a 20 million dollar player who is literally unplayable is absolutley brutal. We've been through 5 playoff series with him and his play has ranged from a glaring negative to a non entity. At this point it's not reactionary to conclude he is a mental midget and that hes got to go. Sucks but it is what it is

pippendagimp and Zboy like this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I didn't trigger sh-t. Anderson not playing up to his 20M contract is what triggers everyone. Anderson is always going to be rich doing minimal work and 80% of clutchfans hates that. Anderson getting even 1 minute of playing time is the trigger.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Peeps gets triggered for him not getting mins for 20 mil/playing his worth. He plays and people gets trigger for him being shtty. For a nice dude, anderson sure can trigger clutch fans pretty easily.

16. MichaelSpartan

Ditto. If we can't get a quality PF like we had in Barkley, might as well get a guy who will be a useful 4th/5th option in the starting lineup. D-Mo came close before the injury. Paul Millsap is the best realistic option I can fathom. I'd take present Dirk over any 4 or stretch 4 on this roster (except maybe Tucker), if Dirk wasn't such a Dallas homer.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

chill out brah you are one of the best/coolest people i ever met

Mazulis likes this.
  18. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Anderson and Gordon will be on the trade market after this season. Those two have come up short when it really counts.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

still pissed that patsy in the NY front office didn't complete the melo deal. he's only got 1 year left and we're still gasping for air underneath ryno's 20 ton tractor trailer for 2 more neverending years

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets' Ryan Anderson looks to make most of opportunities

Forward Ryan Anderson has been counted heavily on before – on other NBA teams that would have had to buy tickets to attend the Western Conference Finals.

“This is my 10th season, and I’ve had years of playing on bad teams when I’ve been able to score 17, 20 points a game,” Anderson said Tuesday. “This is a rare opportunity to play on a team like this.”

The “team like this” in question is the Rockets, who strung together the NBA’s best record in the regular season at 65-17. That didn’t matter Monday night at Toyota Center, when the NBA’s third-best team in the regular season, the Golden State Warriors, whipped the Rockets 119-106 in the opener of the Western Conference finals.

Much like his role for much of the season, Anderson’s contributions have been limited in the postseason. He played five minutes Monday and missed his lone attempt from the field.

“Obviously with limited opportunities it is tough to go out there and put up 30 points or something like that,” Anderson said with a slight smile. “But I just want to go out there and be productive and play good defense, and do the best I can out there.”

Anderson’s salary this season is $19.6 million, fifth-highest in a series packed with star power. He’s understandably behind Stephen Curry, James Harden, Kevin Durant and Chris Paul, but ahead of Warriors starters Klay Thompson, Draymond Green and Andre Iguodala, and ahead of his own teammates like high-minute contributors Eric Gordon, PJ Tucker and Clint Capela.

“For me, it’s about winning,” Anderson said when asked about keeping his confidence in a more limited role than what he’s been accustomed to. “This year it’s about us winning a championship. You have to make sacrifices. Obviously my injury didn’t come at a very good time for me personally, but it’s not about me.

“We have a great team and so many guys who can play well and so many lineups … we’ve obviously proven that we can win with a number of different lineups.”

Anderson, who’s previously played for New Jersey, Orlando and New Orleans, missed four games in April with a high ankle sprain, and after starting 51 games in the regular season his time on the court has waned of late. He didn’t even play in the final two games of the conference semifinals against Utah, and was hoping to make more of an impression in the opener against the Warriors.

“I just have to stay ready regardless,” Anderson said. “I’m putting the work in – coming in early and trying to stay as late as possible, getting my lifts in and getting my shot right.”

Anderson, who has the third most 3-pointers (1,315) in NBA history of any player listed 6-10 or taller, is considered a defensive liability with all of the switching the Rockets must do against the revolving Warriors.

That’s why the Rockets need his offense when he’s on the floor, but he’s not the only one among the Rockets' reserves who contributed little in the conference finals opener. Anderson, Luc Mbah a Moute and Nene finished a combined 0-for-8 from the floor against the Warriors in Game 1, with Mbah a Moute tossing up six of those misfires in more than 17 minutes of action.

Trevor Ariza, Tucker, Mbah a Moute and Anderson also combined to make 1-of-10 3-pointers. Had the Rockets been just a tad more successful from short and long range from the above quintet, it likely would have been a different ball game on Monday.

So who will Rockets coach Mike D’Antoni turn to for a spark off the bench among his big men in Wednesday night’s Game 2 at Toyota Center, what amounts to a must win for the Rockets? That’s to be determined.

“I got all four of my guys I can go to,” D’Antoni said of players who, for instance, can spell Capela at center. “We’ll see which one is working. It’s a gut feeling.”

And the feeling in Anderson’s gut is he’d like to be able to help his team more down this vital stretch, as the Rockets try to make their first NBA Finals since 1995.

“I just want to do my part the best I can,” Anderson said, “and do the best I can with the opportunities given.”​

hakeem94 and Os Trigonum like this.