1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Senate Dems Prepare to Grill Trump AG Pick William Barr

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jan 14, 2019.

?

Will the confirmation of William Barr to be AG be bipartisan?

1. Yes, the Democrats will work him over in questioning, but quite a few will vote for him in the end.

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No, Trump nominated him. If any Democrats vote to confirm Barr, it will be no more than a few.

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

As someone looking towards who will be realistic candidates in 2020, I thought Harris came off really well.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Regardless of her bid for the presidency she sure makes a great case to eventually hold the AG position herself.

4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Ted Cruz is looking dapper with his new beard.

5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Perhaps President Trump will consider her for the role if William Barr steps down during his second term.

6. NewRoxFan

[​IMG]

You must still be waiting for him to make his move... :p

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Man Tillis looks amazing for being almost 60. I thought he was more like 40.

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

If a reasonable minimum intelligence threshhold were to be established for US Senators to serve in that role, I have serious doubts that Mazie Hirono (D-HI) would make the cut.

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah, I watched her today and caught myself thinking the same thing. looked at her background, she graduated from Georgetown Law. How the hell did that happen? just not all that impressive.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

edit

#51 MojoMan, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  12. NewRoxFan

13. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Acting AG Whitaker says he supports Barr for DOJ's top spot

Acting Attorney General Matt Whitaker offered his support to William Barr on Wednesday, saying he would be happy to see the former attorney general take over the Justice Department’s top position once again.

“I’ve always believed it, that he was the right person to take over the Department of Justice and take us into the next chapter of the Department of Justice’s history,” Whitaker said of Barr at a Wednesday afternoon panel on the Religious Freedom Restoration Act hosted by the Heritage Foundation.

14. NewRoxFan

[​IMG]

15. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Did you have that left over from the Eric Holder nomination by Barack Obama?

16. NewRoxFan

How long has President Obama lived rent-free in your mind. Must be at least two years now...

It might have been more clever to use "I'm rubber, you're glue..." as your witty reply. It would have been just as lame, but some may have at least thought back to grade school with that one...

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

He probably means he would need to check it before commenting. Is it wrong to check laws?

18. NewRoxFan

One of four major potential impeachable crimes that trump is suspected of. And the head crime enforcement nominee needs to research it? He had to know he'd be asked.

19. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, I read this initially as Mel Tillis. Now I've got him stuck in my head, stuck in my head, stuck in my head, thanks dude.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Hard to tell if Barr’s strategy was to play dumb on purpose on things he didn’t want to answer or if he really was just that unprepared. The fact that he was saying he wasn’t sure about the special counsel statute with certain questions was interesting. No way he hasn’t memorized every word of it when taking this job knowing his handling of the Mueller probe will be his last legacy.

Reg Emoluments: to be fair I do recall him saying that it’s basically being argued in court right now so we will get quite a bit more clarity in the coming months.