1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sell!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by hlmbasketball, Oct 26, 2021.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Ask yourself this y not just call it covid 19 (it's official name) why call it China/wuhan unless he wanted to stir sht up.

And Don't give me that fking bs about wanting to b geographically corrected.

Racists use sht like that to lash out at Asian folks. Call the virus by its official name and move on with your life.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

And I’m fine with that man. He was trying to be cute, funny. It wasn’t.
    It still isn’t racist. He didn’t say it publicly or to any Asian people in a hurtful manner that we know of.
    This story went from him using a racial slur, to this.
    People want to be worked up over something. They want to be offended. It’s dumb.

Jalen Green OnlyFan likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

CHINA VIRUS!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#83 J.R., Oct 26, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

5. Buck Turgidson

I don't have a dog in this fight (except for wanting Cal to sell the team for football reasons, and a desire for ethnic communities to not face blowback for something they had nothing to do with) but I have never personally, in the past 18 months, heard anyone refer to this as anything other than Covid, which has always been the globally accepted term. If anyone said "China Virus" or any other such name I would just brand them an uneducated ****ing dumbass. Not that I needed this from Cal to come to that realization about him.

6. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

If a virus started in America, and it was officially called the “pancake virus” but some goof called it the “America Virus” - I would not consider it anti American but insensitive to Americans yes…let’s be kind to each other going forward

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

You do know that the rise in hate crimes against Asians has dramatically increased since the virus hit America. A lot of that has to do wit then ex-President constantly using the term "China Virus". People at home need someone to blame for this and the more that term is used the more dangerous it is for Asians in the country. Hence it is racist and hurtful and insensitive. The fact that you can't see that is ridiculous.

It's probably not bad enough for him to forced to sell the team but please stop using the term and thinking it's not Hurtful to the Asian community. When an old Asian grandma can't walk down the street safely in this country anymore. Do you not remember the ATLANTA shootings.

I'm starting to see why you hate Deshaun soo much maybe you are actually racist.

mario_v likes this.
  8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

There is no causality between someone saying China virus and committing hate crimes against Asians.
    It is a big reach to say that. It wouldn’t matter what it was called, people know it came from China. Hateful people attacked people because of where they were from. A lot of those being minorities attacking Asians.
    No I don’t hate Watson, I think he’s a piece of **** because he sexually assaulted 22+ women. Far worse than making an off color joke.
    But you continue to defend a serial sexual assailant, strong character you have.

9. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Seriously? Jack Easterby is never selling the team. Never.

10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Ridiculous man, how can you definitively say it doesn't contribute to violence against Asians. I'm not saying it's 100% the cause but it absolutely contributes and definitely doesn't make it better. Especially when it comes from the important people who have a platform.

I have never defended Deshaun Watson you like to read what you want. I think he did something illegal, I just won't say he's a rapist until he's proven guilty. I know he won't ever play for us again, but he will definitely play in the nfl again and people will forget all about this.

mario_v likes this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Look at all the redhats come to the defense of Cal - not because they want to defend this mockery of a team, but so they can continue to lash out with QAnon garbage and proffer to know whats good for this country. All their cute little names for people in politics is just another realization of a bully manifesto that swept this country when the last president was in office and now "they" want that to be the norm - but only when THEY AND ONLY THEY get to use it, when anyone fights fire with fire or reminds them of how off base they are? Victim complex emerges. Its a pathetic state of affairs in this country.

Sell the team Cal - you're a disgrace just like your father was.

12. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

We need ppl to protest, anything to get this idiot to sell.

13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

This

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You would have never heard about it if a reporter didn’t have an axe to grind. It was last May, at a private function. He wasn’t inciting violence against Asians. He made an insensitive joke.
    And no, people won’t forget about Watson raping women. Read the room. Check out Twitter.

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You are a racist and a hypocrite. You should stop talking.

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Last thing I’m saying in this ridiculous thread.
    Cal is not a good owner, doesn’t seem to be very smart.
    But the hate some of you have in you to where you would want to tear down a person just to get them to sell the team you support, while at the same time supporting an accused rapist, says a lot about you as a person.
    It really makes you no better than those attacking Asian people because of a virus they had no control over coming out of their country of origin. It’s hateful.
    Only in your strange, bizarro world is saying China virus the equivalent of racism and worse than a professional athlete sexually assaulting 22+ women.

17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Is Cal McNair dumb - yes
    Did Covid come from China - most likely yes
    Is saying China virus politically incorrect - yes
    Is saying China virus racist - no

cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Tone deaf? Sure. Was it a derogatory way to label the virus with some double entendre? I think so. Can you imagine what the guy must say behind closed doors if he thinks this type of language is "ok" in front of the public? Seems like there are plenty of smart people here who can apply a little deductive reasoning in this instance when this family has been under the spotlight for very similar faux pas in recent memory. Is it out of line to think that the McNair Family are racists? I dont think so. Quack like a duck, walk like a duck then you a duck. What makes my eyes raise is how apparent the lines of belief are and who will defend what. The Whataboutism running rampant without any type of self awareness and trying to discredit the news and somehow comparing Watson in all of this. Cant both things be wrong?

I wonder how many people actually knew that the "Spanish Flu" originated in Kansas, and it was quite definitely a derogatory term to attack Spain during a time of war, but I digress.

19. HeyBudLetsParty

McNair is a disgrace to Houston that’s the definition of privilege long before these comments came out. Bob McNair wasn’t the smartest or best but not wholly incompetent enough to lose football fans in Houston. As an Asian I can say I’m disappointed by the comments but not even a little surprised. Just as disappointed by the defense the board is giving him for those comments, a billionaire sons making unnecessary comments while the rise of hate towards the Asian community increase should be repulsive to everyone.

mario_v likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

False.