1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seeding Breakdown (BestCase for Houston)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, Apr 10, 2015.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

Win all next three games, we probably end up with 5th. Thats all we can do, right?

2. count_dough-ku

There are like a half dozen variables that could affect where we finish, even if we do win out. We could still finish 2nd if the Spurs lose at New Orleans and Memphis loses at the Clippers and Warriors.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Why do people want the 5 seed? Golden State is a guaranteed loss. Every other team the Rockets can *feasibly* beat. Anything by 5 is cool with me.

And I know I know the Rockets aren't winning the title this year. I know many will be thrilled with just a first round win. But give me at least some semblance of a chance to keep moving on.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

I personally want 5 because the only more preferable option (to me) is 2nd, which just seems like an incredible, incredible long shot at this point. I guess anything can happen, but.....

5. count_dough-ku

The 2nd round would suck for the Rockets no matter what. Let's say we got the 2nd seed and Dallas and we beat them. Our next opponent could be the Spurs or Clippers. Aside from having homecourt, it's not like those would be much easier than the Warriors.

Of course I'd love to see us win out, Memphis lose a couple games, and the Spurs lose at New Orleans, and us finishing 2nd. But in the event that doesn't happen, I'm fine with the 5th seed and Portland. It's a chance for revenge and BTW, the Blazers have no shooting guards at the moment.

6. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

easiest chance to get out of 1st rd besides dallas/pelicans. and i'm holding out on the hope that harden goes dream-lite (aren't we all?) when curry has his MVP.

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

I'd be fine with the 6 seed just so we can compare this team nonstop to the team 20 years back that won a championship as a 6 seed.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I think the Rockets can beat the Grizzlies or the Clippers. I'm hoping the Spurs get the 5 and we get 2/3/6. I don't want to be embarrassed by the Warriors. We at least have a prayer against the Spurs, despite what most will say.

9. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

**** these division winners getting the top 4 slots just go off the record the NBA is stupid....portland should be 6th

10. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

I want 5th now, the Spurs and Clippers series would be over quickly and ugly.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Posted this in another thread.

So many scenarios here.

Does anyone know what will happen say if the Grizzlies, Rockets, Spurs are all tied?

Also, why is the East such trash? We have 50 win teams struggling to make the playoffs in the west. Do something about this NBA.

12. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

If SA win at Pelicans, SA wins becuase they will tie for the Division record and the head to head for 3 teams would be SA 5-3 Memphis 4-4 Houston 3-5.

If SA lose an NOLA Memphis wins becuase Div Record.

Houston will lose in any scenerio unless better overall record.

13. saner-s88

saner-s88 Member

Yeah, 5th seed is suck. It's mean exit in 2nd round.
    We can beat LAC or Spurs. If not, loss in 1st round MAYBE makes McHail wonder that he didn't good enough for this job. But 2nd round would consider like better result than last year, but it's not true

14. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

The main questions i want to ask is who we root for tonight??....assume we win out and sa wins out if memphis beats lac does that guarantee us of finishing ahead of them in the standings?

15. Coog4Rockets

Coog4Rockets Member

Yes, if we win out and memphis beats the clippers tonight (which is unlikely), we would be guaranteed at least the 5th spot. If memphis loses tonight, they need to lose one more (either to GS or Ind) for us to get 5th

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Any scenario in which we play Memphis in the 1st round? Rumors going around that the Grizzlies are close to shutting down Conley due to foot issues.

17. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

I'm focused on the Rockets getting that 5 spot so I'll be rooting for Memphis tonight. 2 or 3 seed is out of reach without help.

18. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Looks like i pretty much nailed all my Win Loss predictions .....Big night tonight we need curry to be mvp lool ....This hinges on us getting HC or not..playing pro or play sac lac....Biggest night of the season folks ...LETS GO WARRIORS!!

19. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

What kind of dumb **** is that? Memphis must lose for us to get that 5th spot..

20. count_dough-ku

I think that was before the Clippers-Grizzlies game. Had Memphis won that and the Rockets won out, we would've finished 5th and LA would be in 6th.