1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"See you in Houston"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wakko67, Feb 23, 2009.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Referee assignments are posted at approximately 9:00am ET each game day.

http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html

Fingers crossed...but it doesn't look like she is referee'ing tonight, so we're likely screwed!

2. king3a6

king3a6 Member

"See you in Houston"
    mark your words yao!

3. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

i looked this exact thing up after reading the previous post. i saw that VP is not officiating tonight too. jesus help us...........

4. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Lol.. I think people would be scared to get in Ron's face.
    And I bet he also gets in their head all game.. talkin' mess.
    Remember that time he pulled Pierce's pants down? Yeah. Ha.

5. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

You really think Josh Howard, Kobe, Pierce and/or Lebron are scared to get in his face?

6. RMGEEGEE

Yeah.
    Artest is crazy.
    Lol.
    Watch the "still crazy" video on youtube with him vs the Jazz.
    Dude is weird and crazy lol.
    Fearless.

7. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I've seen the video and I'm just glad he's on our team. This team sorely needs him more than most think.

My question was do you truly think those other players we mentioned are truly intimidated by him?

8. RMGEEGEE

I wouldn't say that they're intimidated by him.
    They're the greatest players in the world.
    But I'm sure they wouldn't try and pick a fight with Artest.

9. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

He really is best thing to happen to the Rockets since Max. I'm looking forward to the Rockets playing the CAVS hard tomorrow night.

10. comehere2

comehere2 Member

yao won't forget.

don't think he'll do anything different though.

the refs will kill us again no matter where. we need to have plan B and C.

11. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

The thing with Ron is that he's so physical. Fundamentally he isn't as sound as Shane. He is still a great defender, but as its been pointed out, its like he bullies the guy hes guarding.

As for intimidation, yeah I'd say its there. There's tough and there's crazy. I've known some tough cats, but even they think twice about messing with dudes who don't seem right. I'm sure they play their game and all, but I don't see too many of them getting in his face. There are a lot of guys who are all talk and the players know that. The players also know that Ron is one of the few who isn't.

Even if they're ok with fighting the dude, they may not want to go through anything like the Malice at the Palace debacle.

I also think those guys know what to expect and have some respect for him. He's just an intense competitor. He and kobe are supposed to be good friends too.

12. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Well put. The part about "don't seem right" made me laugh out loud for some reason :cool:

So you mentioned how Ron is not as fundamentally sound as Shane, I don't know if I agree with that. He has excellent foot movement as well, which seems pretty fundamental to me. He clearly has a different defensive style than Battier, but both are effective.

Do you think having both Artest and Shane on the same team compliments each other?

13. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

By the way, I don't know if you've seen this, but I saw on an NBA fights video on Youtube of Ron (in his early Indiana days) literally head to head with Raja Bell. A fight ensued after Raja was jawing away and Ron was just still and simmering. Have you ever seen that?

14. scalper

scalper Member

^ sadly this should be a manditory link... for all of us... before ever game...

:(

15. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Nah I haven't seen it.

But yeah I do think they compliment each other well. Like fire and ice. The great thing is if one of the guys isn't effective on someone, you can try the other. It really is a great option to have and I think will be huge for us in the post season.

Even with all that though, the case can be made that the best defender on the team is Chuck. Shane and Ron can put the ball in the hole which is very nice. Chuck gets good minutes for one reason and one reason only. I hope that dude never gains any offensive skills, just to ensure his defense stays as good as it is. Heh heh.

16. Classic

Classic Member

I don't know how to embed a youtube video but Artest in his younger days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UanEjocJZwE

I love the guy. He is crazy for sure. Looking forward to seeing how Lebron handles him tomorrow night on our home court on TNT.

17. Hmm

Hmm Member

Josh Howard got punked by our very own Bob Sura.. and he's pretty much displayed all the qualities of a punk since.. he has no problems instigating.. but if there's retaliation.. he rolls over like a wounded puppy.. the man would probably lose control of his bodily functions if he ever saw Artest heading his way without a blink or flinch in expression on his stone faced visage..

Kobe in 90% of his on-court confrontations has always come out appearing.. well.. less than masculine..

Pierce and Lebron are questionable..

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

See you in Houston!

[​IMG][​IMG]

19. RMGEEGEE

LOL. That's lovely.

20. Asian Sensation

^^^ What the hell is Mike Brown wearing? He looks like Keith Jones out there.