1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"See you in Houston"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wakko67, Feb 23, 2009.

1. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

last i remember, ron couldnt guard lbj. probably because he was injured. let's hope this time around, ron punished lbj

2. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Reread the post... He is saying that LeBron can't hold Artest. (I dont believe) but you misread the post.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Perhaps I am mistaken about the sequence of games, but one time the Rockets played the Cavs, Lebron got extremely frustrated with Artest who was roughing him up.

4. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Leadership? Heart?
    This is what LeBron is all about. Easily a top 5 player in the league and arguably THE Best.
    I believe this game will show what we need to focus on or accomplish to hang with a legit top Finals contender.

...although I will be cheering for Rafer to take them out in the Playoffs.

Not to mention, we play Phoenix, the Lakers, and Spurs almost all within the same couple of weeks.

I believe Artest will emerge as the passionate leader we have been lacking.

Sink or swim time baby!

5. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Rockets need to worry about their perimeter defense during that game. The point guards in particular. Mo Williams is a deadly shooter, so Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry will have to bring their A-game.

6. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Thnx for reminding me of Yao's comment , I forgot all about it. The Cavs hit a lot of 3's, Rox need to hold Williams, Donte, and Boobie in check

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Last play of the game I think?

8. Htown57

Htown57 Member

The quote that inspired the OP , if anyone is interested:
    Looks like Rick is mad too...

but mad yao...that's one of my favorite things in the world.
    [​IMG]
    ;) :D

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I hope we sent in a video tape of Varejao and Ben Flopping on Yao while he was POSING UP and make sure the ref's allow our center to POST UP...seeing as how it is a part of the game...you know? The POST UP...

The refs killed us that game plain and simple. When Yao is called for offensive fouls because he's posting up, two of those fouls they called on him was because he friggin posted up.

10. neo_tony

neo_tony Member

"That," James said, "was a heavyweight fight"

11. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

could you recap as to what exactly happened between Artest and LBJ that game?

12. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Lol, the same that happened with Kobe and Pierce.
    They b**** to the refs all game about Ron's defense.

13. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

but what specifically happened during that last game against the Cavs? I heard Artest got a tech? There was a scuffle of some sort between him and LBJ? What happened? please tell.

14. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

On a side note, I love that we have Artest on our team.

Does Artest do anything illegal in his defense? Just curious as to what the rest of you have observed because he's pissed off all of the premier wings through his play (don't get me wrong, I see that as a good thing).

Is his defense great in a clean or dirty (illegal) way?

15. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Everyone who is going to the game, make a poster saying...

"See you in Houston"
    -Yao

Seeing that on TNT would be AWESOMEE!

16. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Notice how battier's defense is really smooth and fundamentally sound.
    Arest is more of a body up defender. He'll actually get up on you and use his strength.
    He'll also swipe at the ball and what not.
    And even when the player doesn't have the ball, he'll body up on them and just frustrate em.
    it's hard to explain, you just have to really look for it.

17. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Oh I do see it. I was asking you guys whether you saw anything dirty or illegal in his play. I personally love it and welcome more of it.

18. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Another thing, whether it's Kobe, Pierce, LBJ or Josh Howard, are you a little surprised that they don't get so frustrated to the point of getting in Ron's face? lol. I know it's Ron and all, but I see them get EXTREMELY frustrated, moreso than from any other player in the NBA (barring Bruce Bowen).

I'm just kinda surprised no one would stand up or retaliate back against Artest.

19. fumduck

fumduck Member

Yep, my worst fear is seeing Violet Palmer in zebras.

20. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Ron's defense is all about frustrating the other player. He isn't a great one-on-one defender, in fact, he often allows more athletic players to blow by him. He just tries to bully the other player to throw them off their game.

Then you have guys like Lebron and Kobe, who cry to the refs all game long to try to get them on their side. Sometimes it works (most of the time, for Lebron it works) and sometimes it doesn't.

When you get these two guys together... there is going to be some scuffling. They are both trying to achieve the complete opposite outcome. Ron is looking to see what he can get away with, while Lebron is looking to see what he can get called on the other guy.