1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Section 3610 of cares act expires on 30 sep. Will there be another stimulus act passed b4 election?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by saitou, Sep 28, 2020.

?

Will there be another stimulus act b4 election??

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    76.5%
  1. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

https://fcw.com/articles/2020/08/14/comment-extend-cares-3610-covid.aspx?m=1

D&D politics bros, will there be another stimulus bill before the election? My understanding is that there will be a lot of pain without a new act that extends benefits.

You would think this is something both parties would want, but I don't know anymore...

Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

my gut says no.
    they are more concerned getting a lame duck supreme court nomination.

there is a deadly virus and not much action there.. so you think they give a rats ass about helping the people?

im sure trump will push for it especially if can get his name on it by election. but that is his only reason.

this virus and situation shows that both sides really dont care about the people.
    we could all be starving and they would still be buying tanks.

my pie in sky disillusioned mind thinks that because biden is likely a one a done candidate he can come in a make some major adjustments and can stop this anarchy that is taking place on both sides.maybe just maybe he can find it in his little old heart to throw us a bone of reforms and really make it great again. its doubtful but one can hope. the reality is just getting back to zero. if biden can do that we are on the right track.

as a result of this presidency and virus I have had to adjust my budget. we are on one income and my wife left job due to virus. no one owes us anything but as a great country and having paid way more than $750 in taxes I wonder what this country is doing.

the spirit of swamp drain was curious but trump wasnt the guy...clearly.

maybe just maybe this 2020's era and this time leading up will be looked back like 60s where there were issues and the country made some changes mostly good, some bad too.

not sure how to get away from a republican and democrat party that seem to be more for each other. we have lost our way and the reforms need to be addressed. amazon shouldnt be paying 0. nor should all these other dickwads that dont pay their share. that is the real deal..

pat yourself on back for being a tax thief and how rich...no wonder so rich since havent been paying squat in taxes..no morals...no duty...unamerican...these people should be jailed then hung.. its a big deal. people go to jail for tax issues they need to start ramping that scene up.

treating the corporation like a person that can write stuff into losses this sh*it has got to go.

we are better than this...(well maybe...meanwhile canada and other countries are boosting to the people with direct payments god forbid we can)

Invisible Fan, RayRay10 and saitou like this.
  3. CCorn

CCorn Member

In 2 weeks Trump will promise to use an EO on November 4th that will be the biggliest stimulus ever!!!!!!

saitou and RayRay10 like this.
  4. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

No chance. Senate is worried about the Supreme Court nomination and they are already pushing up against the time when they are supposed to go home and do last minute campaigning (Oct 12).

Biden's already committed to a stimulus bill being his first act of legislation after the election...otherwise, we have to wait.

AleksandarN, Hakeemtheking and saitou like this.
  5. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Supplemental unemployment benefits expire 30 Sep... If he really has this ability, the time to do it is now.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I reluctantly agree. There isn't going to be another stimulus bill. Congress is way too divided and the USSC nomination fight is acerbating it anymore. There will be debate on it but neither party is going to budge in negotiations. If they were we would've had a bill already.

RayRay10 and saitou like this.
  7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

It’s possible...the House is supposed to release a bill in the next couple days and they’ve restarted talks with the White House. I wouldn’t bet the farm on it but with the airline industry about to lay off thousands it is definitely possible.

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

yup my wifes last unemployment check is coming next week and after that its lights out lidge. well a calming at least.

hawaii remote is looking tougher and tougher besides just the time difference in kids school.

so we gotta bring it down ..1 swamp thing instead of 2. its all good but it would be nice while virus calms itself to get continuation.

unlikely : (

Hakeemtheking, RayRay10 and saitou like this.
  9. adoo

adoo Member

just to be a contrarian, wouldn’t this be incentive for the Rep to get it out of the way, so that the Senate can expedite the approval of Trump’s SC pick

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Since any stimulus would help Trump at the polls my guess is that the Democrats won't let anything out of the House until after the election.

sirbaihu, saitou and RayRay10 like this.
  11. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Possibly. However, just getting out of the way probably won't go over well with women or the elderly...both which have moved towards Dems this election cycle.

We've also seen what the GOP Senate will approve this go-around for the stimulus bill and it's not so much a stimulus, but more pork money to go into their supporters pockets. Considering the Republicans had a hard enough time coalescing around that bill...it's hard to believe that they'd even try to work on anything else before the election that they'd approve.

Supposedly the House and Mnuchin are still negotiating, but I think it's all for naught...the GOP Senate doesn't seem to really want to give in this go around. My guess is, we'll get another attempt by the House to push something over, no GOP reps will vote for it, and McConnell will likely not even bring it to the floor...claiming that they need to confirm the Supreme Court Justice first, then it'll be too close to the election and promises will be made to vote on it after the election.

IBTL, saitou and DonnyMost like this.
  12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's not possible because the Senate's only order of business in the next 4 weeks will be to try to install another Trumpist judge that 60% of America opposes.

Time to unpack the courts.

13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Stimulus - yes or no is the bigger swing factor still imo. My gut feel based on what she been saying, sentiment in this thread + cynical glasses on - Nancy does not really want any stimulus checks with Trump's big signature going out before the election. Instead of providing cover for Republicans to accept her deal by talking about compromise, she's basically saying hers is the only moral choice, making Republicans lose face if they agree to her deal. She's running out the clock, and she's almost over the line. Logistically it would take at least 2 weeks to distribute the cash? her ideal scenario is the Republicans don't take her deal, and when it's too late to send checks out and they are no longer interested, but still before the election, she lowers her demands drastically to something very close to what the Senate says they want in $ value and starts hammering them for only caring about the election and not accepting.

I've been trimming long positions and am almost 50% cash, with some puts on spy and hsbc, ready to buy if there's a crash next week. If no crash I'll just sit on the sidelines.

Putting this here in case it's in violation of hangout rules.

@Sajan @Dr of Dunk @adoo @CCity Zero

RayRay10 and Sajan like this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Nope

none of them are hurting

Rocket River

15. adoo

adoo Member

yip, ur as cynical on Pelosi as i am on turtle face, [​IMG], aka Moscow Mitch

#15 adoo, Oct 3, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    AleksandarN, RayRay10 and saitou like this.
  16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

No.

Nancy Pelosi won't allow it.

RayRay10, saitou and Andre0087 like this.
  17. adoo

adoo Member

we're still 31 days from the election, there will be more Oct surprises

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. adoo

adoo Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

You do know the House has already passed a bill.

If you're saying that the House needs to negotiate with the Senate yes they should but' it's kind of hard to have a conference committee when there's no Senate Bill.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Responding to my own post. I was pleasantly surprised they got the government funding bill passed as I thought that would be held up so there is hope for another stimulus bill. I still think it's a long shot one will get passed before the election.

RayRay10 likes this.