1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Secret Service Bails Bush Boy Out Of Booze Bust

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by jamcracker, Mar 1, 2001.

1. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Oh my gosh that's too funny! LMAO.

Don't ask me, man. Two friends and I were arrested for sexual assault involving an elderly man back in the summer of '88. Once they contacted the property owners of the mortuary and everyone swapped stories, by the time it was all said and done with, and the charges were dropped, (I just want to make sure that gets noticed) we'd been in for over 30-35 minutes.

------------------
    That team is not afraid of anybody in the East, and they've been playing that way -- George Karl on the Rockets.

2. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

She isn't that great herself.

There is one sorority girl she is always with. You don't see one without the other. The whole class suspects the girl is a secret service agent. She must know some martial arts or something.

------------------

3. haven

haven Member

I hope that Democrats act better about Bush's transgressions than Republicans did about Clinton's.

I actually had an argument about this with my girlfriend yesterday. She was furious because of the evidence that Bush lied about when he quit drinking. My basic position is: who cares? He got drunk after he had supposedly quit. I got drunk a couple weeks ago. As long as he doesn't get drunk when talking nukes w/ole Putin I don't care.

He lied? So what. Last I heard, that didn't precisely hurt the GDP that much.

------------------
    Boston College - Big East -East Division Regular Season Champs

Worst to First in 2001!

[This message has been edited by haven (edited March 02, 2001).]

4. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Cute, Achebe. Cute. [​IMG]

My buddies and I were arrested for hopping a fence on the golf course the three of us grew up on. As we hopped it, several boards got pulled out at the nails. Some security guard from an apartment complex across the street saw us and called the cops, saying we had torn down the fence. This guy had a serious Rambo complex: Drew his gun on us and everything. After he called 911, three tow trucks and four squad cars showed up to arrest three teenagers (we were 18) who hopped a fence to get to the Stop and Go on the other side of the street.

------------------
    "We got f*cking smashed every day. And then when we came here to Beverly Hills, we had drugs, we had chicks, we had orgies. I thought I'd died and gone to f*cking Rome"
    ---Ozzy Osbourne, on the early days of Black Sabbath

5. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Actually that might not be such a bad thing.

From what I understand about Putin's drinking, at least they would be on the same page. [​IMG]

------------------
    Everything you do, effects everything that is.

6. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

Hey TIMING, where are you now?

7. Timing

Timing Member

I'm right here. Where are you?

(Internet hide and seek is always fun!) [​IMG]

------------------
    "Relax... kids swallow quarters all the time. If she craps out two dimes and a nickel then start worrying!" -Grumpier Old Men

[This message has been edited by Timing (edited March 02, 2001).]

8. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

Why would you post a title as a statement of fact when it's clearly not even insinuated in the article? Did you even READ the article?

Still stand by that statement? Have you seen the similar headlines from media outlets?

9. Timing

Timing Member

What's your point? The media is sick and it's unfortunate that Bush's daughter has gotten dragged into something that isn't her fault. If you work in the media then you know they'll put anything in a title if it will sell, regardless of whether it's accurate information. He's still not a "Bush boy" and I doubt he'll be a Bush "friend" for much longer.

------------------
    "Relax... kids swallow quarters all the time. If she craps out two dimes and a nickel then start worrying!" -Grumpier Old Men

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Looks like he answered your question by showing us the title was "insinuated in articles".

Are you talking to jamcracker or the media in general, Timing? Maybe he should ask you what your point is?

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited March 02, 2001).]

11. Timing

Timing Member

Jamcracker where ARE you!? [​IMG]

Marco...

Marco... [​IMG]

------------------

12. Timing

Timing Member

I'm talking about the media in general, if jamcracker is a media member then so be it. It's unfortunate that the media tries to sell papers with this insignificant tabloid style garbage.

It's even more sad that the likely reason the SS even went INTO the prison was because Jenna was too embarrassed to go in, not because the SS was "handling the situation".

------------------

13. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

The charge was criminal vandalism. They left the boards there, so I don't know what the tow trucks were for.

There were 3 of us, 2 white and 1 black. All of us are respectable looking.....no tatoos, piercings, that kind of stuff. We were all wearing shorts and golf-shirts as well. That security guard was just nuts.

We did exactly as he told us, seeing as how he drew his f*cking gun on us. Once he found out one of our dads was a deputy sheriff, he literally changed his story from "I saw those kids kicking down the fence," to "Those kids didn't do a thing. They were with me all night."

Strange dude. We thought he was going to shoot us, really. He was so jittery and nervous. Scared us half to death.

------------------
    "We got f*cking smashed every day. And then when we came here to Beverly Hills, we had drugs, we had chicks, we had orgies. I thought I'd died and gone to f*cking Rome"
    ---Ozzy Osbourne, on the early days of Black Sabbath

[This message has been edited by Lynus302 (edited March 02, 2001).]

14. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

Polo

So, Timing, do agree that the headline was insinuated in the article?

15. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

The AP says this happend on Sunday. Why didn't they report it until yesterday?

16. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I assume the story just didn't make it out until then. Nobody local had it until Wednesday or Thursday, either. The press doesn't actually follow the kids around all the time waiting for something to happen.

Sometimes it takes a couple of days for a story to get out. Or, it could've taken a couple of days to confirm the story enough to run with it. It's not as if Sheriff Anderson was going to put out a press release the second it happened letting the press know.

------------------
    Houston Sports Board
    The Anti-Bud Adams Page

17. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

I smell a cover-up. Let's appoint a special prosecutor immediately.

BushBoyBoozeGate?

18. Timing

Timing Member

Nope I sure don't. No Bush boy, no booze bust, and no Secret Service bail money. [​IMG]

Marco... [​IMG]

------------------

19. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Hell I don't think it even matters, why are you denying what a Sheriff has said??? Weird.

It's not like when theFreak's sources down at the shelter tell him about Clinton raping someone.

------------------
    That team is not afraid of anybody in the East, and they've been playing that way -- George Karl on the Rockets.

20. Timing

Timing Member

"She just asked when he could be released," Anderson said. "No one asked for any special favors whatsoever."

Bridges, who was cited for public intoxication and underage possession of alcohol, was released after four hours' detention. A black Chrevolet Suburban with Virginia license plates arrived outside, and a man came inside to pick up Bridges, Anderson said.

"The deputies didn't really believe Bridges until the black Suburban pulled up and a man came inside," said Anderson.

Jail personnel believed the man was a Secret Service agent. A deputy saw a woman in the vehicle but was not sure if it was Ms. Bush, said Anderson.

This is what the sheriff said. What have I denied!? Verrrrrrry weird...

Marco [​IMG]

------------------