1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Secret behind Warrior's closing minutes defense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mastan, May 17, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

You said "The insistence on putting this on the refs is troubling." Meaning as fans we should not take into account that aspect. I said that it can be "part" of the aspect. That is nuance. Not either or.

BaselineFade likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Is this on topic?
    [​IMG]

pippendagimp and mastan like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

so how about him not playing altogether? is that on topic also?

BaselineFade likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is not the gray area... the refs are blatantly on their side
    [​IMG]

mastan likes this.
  5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I didn't say otherwise, lol. I'm replying to a thread that is titled "Secret behind Warrior's closing minutes defense"... as if its all because of the refs. Which is a common refrain around these parts (where "all because" means, obviously the Rockets do their part but the game swings one way or the other on the referee'ing).

6. JayZ750

It's a missed call. Those happen, yes?

Y'all know the grey line I'm talking about. This isn't "rocket"-science stuff.

7. mastan

mastan Member

There was not only 1 but 3 steps out of bounds..so there were no excuse..same with Game 7 last year WCF, 1st game NBA Final last year when Cleve was denied, this year Game 1 WCSF ..the list goes on.. GS is the favored team no doubt

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its a lot easier to play the gray line when you know the refs are on your side and when they swallow their whistle because of the color of your shirt

mastan likes this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Never got a 6th

The only problem I have with their defense
    Is that is one sided
    No one can defend them like they defend others

Rocket River

mastan and hakeem94 like this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

people want to cry about the refs and everything all day long. some if it is warranted of course but given literally a spoon fed opportunity on a silver platter, the rockets still couldn't even take advantage. I really don't want to hear about any poor excuse attempts after that because there are none. the logic of the rockets were supposed to win as if it was taken away, just goes out the window. sometimes you just have to admit you're not good enough or you just did not execute. that's on the actual players.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

doesn't matter if he got a 6th. dude was in foul trouble for much of the game and so was draymond. best player literally had 0 pts in 1 half. yet for some reason this is on the refs. no it isn't. people need to quit crying constantly about this. its no wonder people say houston whines too much. You can't whine and then not even be able to capitalize when things couldn't go much better in the favor of the rockets. 8 point favorites at home in a do or die game. what a shame

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. JayZ750

That's not true. The Rockets don't do it the exact same way, but defended them fairly physically. The real issue is no one has combined defensive talent led by the defensive player of his generation like GSW has.

Also, Steph never got a 5th either... and Harden only had 3... it is what it is. Maybe if they had an offensive option that was more intricate than try and fail to get Steph ISO'd on someone, he might have gotten a fifth. 6 games in, the Rockets still couldn't figure out how to combat the pre-switching that was constantly happening, or the mini-trap recover.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i fell asleep for the 2nd half of last nite's game. woke up in the morning and saw GS had 50% more FT attempts in a game decided by 3pts, not sure what to make of it though

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Ryan Hollins said it best. In the NBA you always have to go into the game thinking that you are going to be screwed by the refs.

mastan likes this.
  15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, the strip for the shot is clean, if they wanted there could be a foul prior but it'd be on the floor. I don't think Portland would have wanted that with no timeouts.

16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, it could go the other way too, I was thinking foul on the floor for Iggy maybe... But that'd have screwed Portland anyway. Lillard's shot looked clean.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Unless you are a glamour team
    Like Golden State

Rocket River

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

the series is tied 3 -3 in reality based on basketball play and effort on the hardwood

rockets only lost in circus called wwe nba ...it was a political and financial decision that has nothing to do with basketball play

i really dont want to hear about politics or any excuses why its ok for nba to be rigged
    this is basketball matters here that we are discussing
    golden state warriors werent any better than rockets in basketball play, execution and being good enough,

the worriers had a golden opportunity to win fair and square and they missed that opportunity(didnt execute i guess), instead they needed to be saved by the refs 2 years in a row(TWO YEARS IN A ROW!!)
    TAKE THAT FOR DATA

luckyman76 and mastan like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

they sure proved they were better in 2 games and that's without their full team. rockets **** the bed plain and simple. all the constant whining is just making yourselves look like sore losers and butt hurt. the first people some of yall should be upset with are your own team that let the city down

20. mastan

mastan Member

The general understood unwritten rule was that the home teams get all the benefits of doubt by the officials...except when it comes to Rockets (Game 7 WCF) when even many obvious calls went against Rockets.