1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Second All-Star returns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 26, 2013.

1. RRockets

RRockets Member

Whatever.

You have the freedom to voice your opinion, to vote for certain players and not to vote for some other player(s), but just don't tell other basketball fans how they should vote because you are not the King of the NBA fandom!

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

And that's on you to not listen and go on your way as it won't bother me. I voiced my opinion, as you did. Time to move on.

3. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

One of these times, all five fan voted in players will all be on the injured and can't play list. The coach will rejoice at having enough minutes to spread around.

4. Bucketfans

Bucketfans Member

I am a huge Lin fan. I have not voted him for the all star game yet and will not until he belongs in that category.

As others have pointed it out, it would be a disservice to Lin if get he's to be voted in the game. Can you imagine how the media would react and what kind of pressure it would bring to him?

I don't speak for Jeremy but it's only logical to assume he would not want his fans to blindly vote for him so that he would get made fun of by his peers and the media.

I will vote for him if he is top 5 pg next year.

1 person likes this.
  5. langal

langal Contributing Member

I joined before you did, so I am better than you.

6. Chris Jent MVP

Every time I see a Lin hating post on CF, I cast another vote for Lin to the ASG :cool:

7. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

It's phathetic that Harden is quite behind Lin. No matter how Houston area fans treat Lin. He still got more votes than our go to guy Harden.

8. Chris Jent MVP

The Lin hating trolls are a small minority who talk often and talk loud, but they are fighting a loser's battle.

Every time a Lin hater runs their mouth, Lin gets another fan and another All-Star vote. Controversy sells.

Thanks, Lin haters, for your outstanding efforts in getting Lin voted to the ASG! :grin:

9. tmacfor35

I think you are mistaken. I have seen plenty of people praise Lin as being a good point guard, which he is, yet people like you get offended because we don't think he is all-star material.

If there were one player on the Rockets that represents the Rockets identity, it is Jeremy Lin. Like the Rockets, Jeremy looks great one night, and horrible the next. Consistency is the issue, and if he ever finds that consistency, than he may be an all-star level player.

10. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

My point is that at least Harden should gets more votes than Lin. Our PR and official journalist are pushing Harden very hard, but he still in no competing situation with Lin. Is Harden really our no. 1 Guy???

11. Chris Jent MVP

I am a fan of all Rockets players, I don't care if people want to vote DMO or Greg Smith, I would be happy for them too. I would never say they didn't "deserve" it because ASG is whatever the fans want.

Whenever a person is upset at their own team players getting votes, that person is not a true fan, but just a tard with an agenda.

I agree, that's why I vote for him :cool:

12. Chris Jent MVP

The person who "should" get the most votes is the person who gets the most votes. That's how voting works.

Why do you hate democracy?

13. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

Agree. Not sure if they will get in, but the votes they receive may not be just because of who they are but what they have done on the court. Lin has the highest % of finishing or scoring in drives, at 65+%, even topping Lebron at 62%. That is quite an achievement for a small guy. He also had close to 18 pts per game, 50+ % FG, and close to 40% 3s before the injury. Those are not numbers to be ashamed of to be voted as an all star guard. His assist is down this year due to the demand for post plays by Howard, but he is capable to make his teammates better any game. His defense is definitely improved this year. He just shut down Parker and Conley to 28% & 27% FG respectively in the last 2 games. This in his 2nd full year of play is nothing to be ashamed of. Did perennial all star pgs like Nash, Kid, Parker, Rondo etc have these numbers in the 2nd full season? Not saying Lin will make it to their level yet. Just saying he has nothing to be ashamed of if voted to all star game.

1 person likes this.
  14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Is this a serious post? Are you honestly doubting Harden's place in the organization based on the results of a popularity contest?

15. tmacfor35

LOL, right. I am not a true fan. I just am realistic. I prefer people receiving the reward they deserve.

16. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Harden is 1a Dwight 1b 2 Parsons 3 Lin. Harden is more popular in America and has more recognition around the league. Lin is recognized world wide hence the number of votes. It isn't too complicated to understand this.

17. Chris Jent MVP

The reward is fan support.

If other player's fans spent as much energy promoting their favorite players, instead of bashing Lin, then those other players might have more votes.

Mudslinging campaigns are rarely effective.

18. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Of course Harden has less votes - If Harden was Asian he would be battling Kobe for most votes.

19. Chris Jent MVP

So Kobe is a Secret Asian Man?

20. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

No, Kobe is a superstar, one of the best players in NBA history and has multiple championships, of course he is going to have a large deserved fan base.

Don't get butthurt, it's the truth. If Harden was Asian he would most likely be #1 in voting.