1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seattle isn't over it.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rolyat93, Jun 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This. Man folks kill Lebron for how he arrived in Miami, but fail to EVER mention how the Thunder came to be.After all of that history and support in Seattle they leave and go to Oklahoma. Sad that the fans of the old Sonics have to endure seeing such likable, talented young team have the kind of success they're having in Oklahoma. TERRIBLE.

2. Jamers

Jamers Member

we want to root for a team in the playoffs, we place our bets on those teams.

We are die hard houston rockets fans and since the rockets didn't make the playoffs, we can cheer for any team, right?

and the Jazz? over my freakin' dead body.

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Seattle mad

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

What's there not to cheer for? We are cheering for the winner! I bleed Rockets red and the Thunder are going to show the Heat how to win? Why else?

5. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

How is Thunder a rival of the Rockets? If anything they killed Mavs, Lakers and Spurs. We SHOULD be cheering for them.

6. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I freaking hate how they stole that team from those loyal fans. It pisses me off, especially when I think of what it would I would be like if I was a Sonic fan.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I hated those Sonic teams too, but that doesn't mean I wanted them to lose their team. It was a great rivalry. Key Arena was always one of the loudest in the league.

Those fans didn't deserve to lose their team.

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Sucks for Seattle. I feel for them. They only got one year of Durant, and then poof. Starbucks owner should have known what was going to happen.

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I guess for the playoff series between us in 1993, 1996, and 1997.

Though OKC feels entirely separate from Seattle. New name. New players. Not to mention it has been 15 years since we met in the playoffs against the Sonics.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I hated the 90s Sonics as much as anyone here. Thinking about them now still raises my blood pressure. But the Thunder have nothing to do with them at all. For most of us not associated with Seattle, the connection is long-severed. That all said, I liked the last good Sonics team with Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis with Nate McMillan as coach. They came closer to derailing a Spurs title run than people realize.

As a Houstonian, of course I can relate with true Seattle basketball fans and the bitterness of some is understandable. They've missed a royal treat the last 4 years watching the Thunder improve each year and this rubs it in. But I bet there are a lot of Thunder fans in Seattle. The haters are just much louder.

11. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

How do the Seattle Thunderbirds (I think that's there name) of the WHL do? Cause if they are a draw, I could see Seattle supporting a hockey team. Seems like they could already have built in rivalries with the Canucks and Sharks too.

12. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

62% to 38% huh? Doesn't look that close. Maybe some redistricting is in order.

13. Kate81

Kate81 Member

They only care cause OKC is winning, if they were one of the worst teams in the league... they wouldn't be crying over it.

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah bullshet, Sonics and Thunder are separate entities. Sonics will always be in Seattle.

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Seattle's a great city that got screwed out of a team. Owner comes in and says, We're committed to keeping the team in Seattle, when all along you knew he was looking to move the team. I can't blame the citizens there, DESPITE all the years of misery the Sonics delivered to the Rockets ( ;) ) .

16. joegoroxy

joegoroxy Member

the only reason why i cheer for OKC is due to the pure hatred i have for MIA, DAL, SA, and UTAH

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

Don't forget LA!

18. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Check each state's percentage.

19. s3ts

s3ts Member

the Supersonics' transition to becoming the Thunder is a management decision. you have to remember that KD was drafted as a SuperSonic, he has no emotion, he just wants to win.

they make it seem like the Heat are the underdogs... seriously??? who was reg.season MVP this year??? it is so easy for everyone else to want Thunder to win it all...

the Rockets fans usually root for the TRUE underdogs, because that's who we are. if that's SA Spurs, then so be it.

as for the Mavs, i rooted for them to lose from day 1, but i can't help but feel happy for their 'chip because of what they had to go through and the fact that it was their first. same for the Thunder now... it is just unfortunate to have been a Sonics fan...

as for the Jazz... don't ... you... dare....

20. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

The Sonics are totally separate from the Thunder, new players, new coaches, new owners, new city, there is not a single thing that is the same as the team the Rockets played in the 90's.