1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seattle in February

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jared Novak, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

Heading out to Seattle in mid-February, will be there for three days. Any recommendations on sites, restaurants, etc. would be appreciated.

I’ve never been to the Pacific Northwest, so I’m looking forward to going somewhere new, even if the weather may be a bit cold.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Would love to make it to Seattle one day. Good luck!

3. watashi315

watashi315 Member

I went to college in Seattle and lived there until 2006. Haven't been back since so I'm sure there have been a lot of new restaurants popping up. You can check Yelp or the Seattle Weekly for their restaurant reviews. Here are a few takeaways for dining in Seattle. It's known for seafood and Asian cuisine. A few Seattle staples are: anything seafood (Ivar's is a local favorite for clam chowder and fish and chips), Asian cuisine (dim sum and Vietnamese pho), and teriyaki (I know it's weird but Seattle is the teriyaki capital of the world. It's a uniquely Seattle staple). Also, Seattle is the home of Ezell's fried chicken, which is Oprah's favorite fried chicken. If you love fried chicken, this is the place to check out.

This site gives you a run down of some cool neighborhoods in Seattle. https://theculturetrip.com/north-am...rticles/the-coolest-neighborhoods-in-seattle/ My personal favorites are Fremont, Ballard, and Capitol Hill.

4. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

The weather isn't very good in February but there's still plenty to do. Great food everywhere. The usual touristy stuff revolves around Pike Place Market, Space Needle etc... Seattle's selling point in warmer months (in my opinion) is the outdoors but it should actually be reasonably dry in February as the rains don't quite kick in so if you're bold you can go the national parks around there. There's also Bainbridge Island which is a 30 minute ferry away and gives you a great view of the city at night and has a lot of great nature.

If you're into skiing, there's some of that nearby as well if you're willing to drive an hour or two.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Was there for first time back in April of last year for a Radiohead show.

Absolutely awesome place. We hit up Pikes but it was just getting ready to close down for the day. Get some seafood it is unreal. There is also a rail system that you can use to pop around different attractions in the downtown area.

Lots of tech HQs everywhere if you're the geeky type.

6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Best sushi in the states

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Right next to the Needle is a great Museum that was called the EMP but now apparently called Museum of Pop Culture. Has great exhibits about rock, sci-fi and horror.

http://www.mopop.org/