1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seasonal Affective Disorder?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 24, 2024.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

Thanks man, appreciate it.... Yeah I thought I'd be happy but I wasn't, I had already imagined what my posts would be once he won and then when I got to posting them it was only like a couple of low energy posts....

Yeah, I feel you... I'm thinking about becoming a Green hater, maybe even Tilman too... This rebuild is taking forever and all we have to look forward to is Sengun making the all star game which he won't because he isn't one..

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When I first moved to Minnesota I had it really bad. The hardest part was waking up in darkness going to school and work in darkness and then coming back in darkness. As I’ve lived here longer I’ve adapted. It also helps that usually holiday time I’m in Asia in Singapore and Hong Kong.

Getting light helps and natural light is the best. So sit by a window as much as you can.

As others noted working out and eating right help. The one thing that really got me through SAD was doing Judo.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

reported

Salvy and Xerobull like this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you feeling depressed, unfocused, like winter will go on forever?

If so you might need Sengunotrax..

9 out of 10 doctors recommend Sengunotrax for Basketball related Seasonal Affective Disorder.

Warning: Sengunotrax might cause irrational euphoria, false sense of expectations, and alienation from friends and family. If you find yourself buying an Sengun jersey and placing a large bet on the Rockets in the playoffs please discontinue Sengunotrax. Consult with Dr. @Os Trigonum for a further list of side effects.

IBTL, Amiga, Salvy and 3 others like this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. SuraGotMadHops

People I know with legitimate SAD have shared that when the days get short they have alleviated the effects by: 1) eating much lighter meals than usual throughout the day; and 2) spending some time outdoors during the daylight, even if just a short walk or bike ride, something outside.

I hope this helps. I don't have SAD but I do hate the Fall back time change with a passion. I thought they were getting rid of it.

7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

the only known antidote for Sengunacy

Severo lead singer.gif

Salvy likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

probably works for S.A.D. as well, need clinical trials

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It's a gorgeous day so I'm going to get out for a run.

Allergies: Not a huge factor for me in the winter. My biggest one is ragweed, which is in the spring and fall and I can manage it with meds.

Fronts can sometimes kick off my sinuses, but nothing terrible.

Holiday fatigue: possible, we're pretty low key on those. New Years **** is almost non-existent in my house.

Mid-Life Crisis: Nah, not the way I live my life. I'm out of my 40's now anyway. I think my mid-late 30's were the toughest, mentally.

I also used to think psychology was a bunch of hoodoo but there is a lot of science and scientific method there.

Vitamin D....possibly. My wife loves it, though.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I heard two separate doctors said nearly everyone is low in Vit D, even here in TX.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I did all my fun 50-year old man checkups over the summer and the only thing they came back with was that I needed more Vitamin D. They actually told me not to use sunscreen when I'm outside. Weird.

12. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

May I ask you a personal question? How many times per day are you having sex? Have you considered increasing this?

IBTL likes this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Turns out my wife gives me D every night. Maybe not enough, I don't even feel it.

See above.

IBTL likes this.
  14. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Feels like it's been 2-3 weeks since we've had some sunshine here in North Texas. I love the rain but eternal cloud cover is gloomy af.

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

How dare you. I love talk therapy and I'm white. You're white too, therefore you should love it. And just when are we getting lunch as well sir? I've been waiting! But no I'm XeroBull, I'm too good to hang out with Travis :eek::eek::eek:

Also, yeah could try meds. Are you on any meds now? Or just looking into Wellbutrin? Wellbutrin is good, I was on it for a while. There are others too like Viibryd which are similar to the pick me up feeling of Wellbutrin.

#35 IBTL, Jan 26, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
  16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Different for everyone. Obviously it didn't work so well for you, but I know a few people on it and have been on it myself to no significant ill effects. The WORST Wellbutrin did for me is just simply not work that well. No real crazy side effects. Then again I ****ing LOVE Rx drugs! :)