1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Season Ticket renewal question

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aggie2012, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Aggie2012

Aggie2012 Contributing Member

Sorry in advance if this has been talked about or if this is the wrong section, but do I really have to renew my tickets for next year to guarantee my tickets for the playoffs this season? That seems a little ridiculous to me. I just keep getting emails for renewal and I was just making sure what is actually required. First year season ticket holder, so bit of a noob on this topic.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You don't renewal and you don't get your seats for the playoffs.

Edit:guess I might be wrong.

#2 REEKO_HTOWN, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  3. Play07

Play07 Member

this is my third year I can maybe help you out.

- I'm renewing today at the DEADLINE. if you get on a payment plan today you get your seats 1st round same price for next year #2 if you pay in full you get 1st & 2nd round for your same price.

-I think you are guaranteed your seats for playoffs but it will be at public price if you don't renew today.

- also if you renew today you will be able to buy extra playoff tickets before they release to public and half the cost

4. Indaface

Indaface Member

I guess i'll ask the question here as a first time holder as well...when they do the pre-sale for playoff tickets how many extras are you allowed to get?

5. REEKO_HTOWN

Four.

6. Indaface

Indaface Member

Awesome that's per game right

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Just call your rep.

I don't really know the answer, because I always renew.

I will say one thing; the playoff ticket plan for STH is much better now than it was before. You renew and then they send you all the playoff tickets to your flash account. They bill you in the summer for the games the Rockets actually play. Previously, they charged you upfront for all the possible games the Rox could play at home.

btw: if you can, pay for your renewal in full vs a 6-month plan. You get a serious discount on the playoff tix if you do. My rep actually did not tell me that, until the end of the call when I asked how much the playoff tix cost. She goes: "Well, since you paid in full, you get a big discount." Glad you told me after the fact. sigh

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Four per game.

Cheapest will probably be 40 bucks.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

They mail out a package every year with that info heypartner. If you didn't get the package you should ask them about the rewards you need to fill out this next season. That's in the paperwork as well. You have points to use.

10. heypartner

Can I use my rewards points for a date with a RPD?

11. REEKO_HTOWN

Ask Dave. You used to be able to use them for a "suite for a night" but I don't think that means what it should.;)

12. Naismith

Naismith Member

Interested point,

When they posted all the playoff tickets to my flash seat account it states "resale and transfer restricted"

naismith

13. Play07

Play07 Member

can always transfer, I have hard season tickets but this year they are only doing flash playoff tickets.

14. Indaface

Indaface Member

My guess is that restriction will be there until the playoff matchup is set.

15. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I didn't use any points, I just asked one to a game, 3 years after she left the RPD..... :grin:

16. heypartner

and, the restriction is there until the game is guaranteed to happen. TBD games are like vaporware. You can't sell what might not happen.

17. DanielV

DanielV Member

About when do you receive your renewal points total?

18. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Just to answer the question, I was talking to a rep during the Denver game. You have to renew to get playoff tickets.. Smh.

19. DanielV

DanielV Member

I kinda feel like they make up the rules as they go. They should be clear with you what your perks are and not change them when they feel like.

20. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

I person I spoke to said you need to renew, if you want to keep your same seats for the playoffs at a discounted price.

However, if not, you still get access to presale for playoffs but at regular price.