1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Season 1] Caprica

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DCkid, Jan 28, 2010.

1. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Yes, this is the Battlestar Galactica prequel on Sci-Fi.

Anyone see the pilot yet? I've only watched the first hour, and it looks pretty good so far. Definitely slower and less action than BSG, but the attention to detail and cinematography is movie-quality (in fact, better than most movies).

It's pretty gritty and bold...definitely seems like they are willing to take chances with it. It will also touch on a lot of deeper thematic elements similar to BSG. Good set of actors too.

Basically looks like the writers have a pretty serious vision for the show, and aren't just cashing out on the BSG nerds. :)

I guess we'll see how long it makes it. Trailer is below.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sQlhlHwXjj0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sQlhlHwXjj0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I watched it a few months back. I liked it, but thought it was really pretty slow. I'll definitely give it a few episodes or maybe the whole first season and will decide from there.

3. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

I watched it a while back on Hulu. I thought it was okay. I've never seen any episode of Battlestar Galactica though.

I thought it was kinda dumb when they were supposed to be on these other strange worlds and in the background you see ford tauruses and chevy suburbans.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

it has hot girls. thus i watched episode 1.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The pilot was good enough, not great. I'll keep watching.

It was weird seeing the "premiere" advertised on ScyFy even though I had already watched it on hulu.

6. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

I avoided BSG because my friends that were into it were WAY into it. Then I watched most of the series this past summer. Caprica pilot was ok. I'll give the series a shot. If they keep up the mob storyline, I'll be happy.

7. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

The pilot felt like a slower version of the Sarah Connor chronicles. It put me to sleep, except for the rave scenes.

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Slow but solid, hope the show finds its footing later on. Looking forward to the new episode tonite.

9. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I'm only watching because I just flat out miss BSG. No other Sci-Fi on TV at that level of quality right now. The first person that says Stargate: Universe should be banned...