1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SeaBreacher] I want this boat...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Apparently, the've been out for a while, but I've never heard of them. Not sure if ever posted.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jk1qFaaq4q4?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jk1qFaaq4q4?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

The Seabreacher X is the latest and most advanced submersible watercraft that we have built to date: This exciting new version is based on the dolphin-inspired Seabreacher J, but it has a more aggressive Shark-style body. The X model also steps up the performance envelope with a 260hp supercharged engine, propelling the vessel to a top speed of 50mph on the surface and 25mph below.

http://seabreacher.com/seabreacher-x

The Seabreacher X can sustain high speed dives and then breach the surface, launching the entire vessel clear out of the water. The new fully vectored thrust system mimic the tail articulation of real aquatic animals like sharks and dolphins. The custom tuned exhaust system also gives the vessel a more throaty growl as it tears across the surface.

Some other high tech features: a snorkel mounted video camera transmits live video to LCD screens for the pilot and passenger during dives, GPS navigation, and on board stereo system with iPod docking.

----------------------------

The model I posted starts at 81K and is fully customizable. They can only dive about 5 feet below water, but are essentially impossible to sink. They're designed so that if you go more than five feet under water, the engine will generally cut off, and you will float to the top of the water.

I will put one of these at the top of my "If I ever win the Lottery" list.

2. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

So you're saying if you win the lottery, you're going to become a drug runner?

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

That looks really fun. Would be cool if it can go 20+feet under water.

Too bad I have a bad case of the motion sickness and a big phobia of deep waters.

4. jae713

jae713 Member

How much do they cost? They look extremely fun.

5. jae713

jae713 Member

Nvm I went back and actually read.

6. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

7. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Submersible that cuts off at 5' deep? meh.

8. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Ya, that's lame. It should be able to go at least 50 feet under water.

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

That looks freakin awesome!

10. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

I hate when vids have the super ****ty generic "metal" band....
    ugh

Ipod dock....no way woulda got it if it supported android, they just lost a customer..

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

where do the b****es lay out in their bikinis?

1 person likes this.
  12. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Yeah, what's next, airplanes that fly 5' off the ground? tanks that stall in the mud? spaceships that never leave orbit? oh, wait. But STILL? 5'?!

13. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

If you want to go five feet underwater, you can get a pool for a lot cheaper.

Still a cool-looking boat though.