1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SE HOUSTON is GHETTO!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by paulnhbtx, Dec 17, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which is more ghetto

1. Greenspoint

64 vote(s)
    55.7%
  2. SE Houston

51 vote(s)
    44.3%
  1. Sajan

Sajan Member

have you listened to the callers on sports talk radio?

that describes most of the posters on here.

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Ah yes, the Club Creek area is easily the worst area in all of Houston. I get my haircut there because I have been going to the same barber for over ten years. Plus they have some good food around there. I lived in some apartments back there when I was a kid (say until I was seven) and then my parents made it and moved us to Katy. They always say they got out just in time before it got really bad (this was the mid 90s).

That area is so dense so there are always a lot of people walking around. I went to timmy chan's and decided to eat some food before hitting 59 back to UH and damn man, just one hooker after the other walking down the street. I've been stuck behind multiple cars and had to honk my way through as creepy white guys were trying to negotiate prices with some hookers. I went to my barber once and there was a shooting the night before at a club in the same parking lot. My barbers were joking saying "Thank Gawd no one died this time or HPD would be here all day blocking the parking lot. Hopefully they leave soon."

I was rolling a blunt after buying a rillo at the Valero gas station and some tranny hooker asked me more money. I said I didn't have any. Then the tranny asked this short Indian guy for some money. He said sorry, I don't have anything and then went into the store. The tranny proceeded to spit on and kick that guy's car repeatedly and kept calling him a stupid ass. Things are just so out in the open down there. I wonder how they keep getting away with it.

One thing I will say about that area, at least during the day, is that it is a really chill place to smoke some weed without worrying too much. I usually do after getting a haircut or some ethnic food. I'll just park somewhere and smoke. No one there even bats an eye to weed smoke. It's crazy how close this area is to some nice neighborhoods down Bissonnett.

1 person likes this.
  3. Scarface281

Nah. What hurt Alief was the huge glut of apartments all in one spot. That and the numerous amounts of starter home neighborhoods. Katy has the apartments more spread out, a bigger range of neighborhood prices, and has the Energy Corridor right there. The only part of the Katy area that could potentially resemble Alief (and not even the worst parts) is the areas north of 10, between Mason and Barker Cypress, and south of Morton Road.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is there a Frenchy's fried chicken there?

5. dmc89

dmc89 Member

I agree with this. North Katy ("Shady Katy" as some residents call it) is definitely less desirable than South Katy.

6. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

There is no such thing as ghetto. It is a contrived statement created by the white man to subjugate and humiliate the man of color. When the man of color goes to school and gets a respectable job and moves into the white man's turf that area is suddenly called "ghetto". There is no such thing as ghetto. Only a place that is full of character and vital energy.

7. Buck Turgidson

If by "white man" you mean "Italians in 16th century Venice", and by "man of color" you mean "poor Venetians" then your statement is correct.

8. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Its 2014 the correct answer is all of Houston is ghetto.

9. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

It wasn't poor Venetians, it was the Jews of Venice who were "obliged" to live where the old foundries were located.

Obligatory
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oKKMdmPBWRk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Buck Turgidson

Duh, good catch.

11. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Bingo. That's exactly where I live now. It's getting worse by the day. Starter row housing is running rampant in my bordering neighborhoods.

12. Scarface281

It's not all of North Katy though, just a small part. I would include parts of South Katy north of Kingsland and between 99 and Westgreen as the same. 99 North opening is going to really help out North Katy as there will be a few Cinco Ranches built up there.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

A good thing about living in Copperfield is the "Copperfield Coalition." It's a group of dumbass obese 40-something "men" who hate their lives but they do a good job of preventing low-income apartments from being built over here. Not saying that it can't happen or won't, but there is organized resistance to it.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Is there a good place in SE Houston to spend a romantic evening?

15. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Sadly....no. Lol

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Off Fuqua there is.

17. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Cullen's?

18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsaw_Ghetto

BTW there are some extremely nice, old bungalows from the 1930's or 40's in a really secluded, tree shaded neighborhood just south of Wayside, right past that new Walmart they just build next to 45.

If I were looking for a cheap house near downtown to fix up and live in, that would be close to my 1st choice. It's even right next to a public golf course if that is your thing.

There are also some nice houses east of 288 on the bayou off MacGreggor, though the neighborhood is a little bit sketchier.

#98 Ottomaton, Dec 18, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You want dinner? Dancing? Drinks?

Hipster? Buttoned up? Redneck?

There are tons of neat places here in the south side.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's the Idylwood subdivision, but I'm not sure what you mean by cheap, some of them can go for $300k.