1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Screw NBA TV

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by XxTCNxX, Dec 3, 2014.

1. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

Couldn't watch the amazing game tonight with Grizz, had to read the play by plays. I was looking forward to what nba tv had to say about the game and they COMPLETELY ignored it. They covered every post game but US. really pathetic rockets aren't getting the attention we deserve its such BS.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Happens all the time... its pretty remarkable they can get away with just leaving the Rockets out of the highlights.

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

welcome to being a Rockets fan, get use to it....

#3 Dave2000, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  4. abaker28

abaker28 Member

As much as I'm disappointed that about on every NBA based show from The Starters to Inside the NBA and others who have completely missed or refused to talk about the Rockets, I'm also glad in a way that we've been allowed to fly under the radar.
    Damn! 3 starters consistently out throughout the season, playing young inexperienced kids some new to the NBA and we have such an enviable record.
    Look at OKC who have 2 starts out and where they are!
    GO ROCKETS!

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I was surprised too. Not a single mention when I was watching, but somehow Dallas is getting major props for beating Milwaukee. Was Milwaukee 15-2 and playing like the best team in the NBA?

1 person likes this.
  6. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Calm down fellas. People will be talking about it. Just keep winning and ignore the outside.

7. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Why are you guys surprised? It's the Grizzlies. No one outside of Tennessee gives a crap about the Grizzlies. That team is probably talked about less than the Rockets. They could end up with 61 wins and the media and NBA 'analyst' would still probably have them as a second round exit.

Hell, a bunch of people on here and everywhere thought they were going to be an 8th seed. Not saying everyone on Clutchfans thought they were going to be an 8th seed. Some people understood how great of players Conley and Gasol were, but most.. no one gives a **** about the Grizzlies.

Beating the Grizzlies isn't news.

Beating the 7th seed Clippers or 6th seed Spurs is news.

Stop trying to make this win worth less just because NBA TV hasn't or won't cover it. The guys are happy & so should we. **** everyone else lol.

8. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

btw SportsCenter covered it for about 3 minutes. So thats cool I guess

9. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

seriously bothers me we get no love, i listen to so many podcasts. shows etc on basketball and there is always nothing. note to clutch, lets up the frequency of the clutchfans podcast please because it is awesome

10. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

I love flying under the radar, getting no love. Us against the world!

Go Rockets! FCK the media and the haters!

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

They just covered it on NBA Gametime. Nice highlights and some brief commentary:

"Houston taking care of Memphis. Memphis losing to a Western conf. team for the first time this season. The exact opposite result of Houston's visit to the fedex forum in Mid November. Without 3 starters, Houston had a 58 point first half and 21 from Harden and hold Gasol to only 8 points in the Game"

They then posted the SW Div. Standings - Rox # 2.

Shaq: "Rox really trying for the #1 seed for HCA thru-out."

Vince Cellini: "Very impressive win, AGAIN, without Dwight Howard!"

#11 Tfor3, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  12. ggeorge115

ggeorge115 Member

we got the win and thats all that matters to me. as long as we win every game i don care if we get mentioned or not. its better to fly under the table cuz no one is gonna be expecting us to make it far

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Your kidding right? I agree that Grizz aren't talked about nearly enough but youre being ridiculous if you think they aren't talked about at all. Gasol always mentioned in top 3 MVP voting. Conley always talked about being underrated PG; they go as far as to say he is the best PG in the league. ZBO, no hops, post moves. How many times do we have to hear "Grit and Grind"?

This is definitely more about the Rockets winning and less about the Grizz losing that got us cast aside in the highlights. If Grizz won, the highlights would have been something like, "Grizz keep winning, still 1st in the West."

14. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

You missed my point, although you do raise valid examples of Grizzlies getting praise.

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Nobody likes someone who claims they're a victim. Sounds whiny (like a player who blames the refs after a game). The correct response is 'I wish the Rockets would play well enough to garner national attention'. NBA TV doesn't choose to not run a Rockets highlight video out of spite. It's a business decision.

16. MONON

MONON Member

I caught the last 30 seconds of the highlight & waited for some commentary about the Rockets. Guess what, the commentary that followed was on the Duke Wisconsin game. :mad: No disrespect meant to JJ, but who gives a flip about that ?

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Very true. The Spurs dealt with it for most of their championship runs and many other teams get overlooked besides us. For example the griz got little recognition for beih the best team in the NBA.

I can't fault ESPN for focusing on Monta or Curry (or RoLo lol) gamewinners, that's what brings in viewers.

18. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

What's the beef? They were very complimentary to the Rockets and what they have done with the starters out. Hell, Shaq sees them as strong contender for top seed.

19. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Just our luck we're going to get the 1st seed this year and OKC will be 8.

20. wgray

wgray Member

nothing new :<