1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Screw it, we are gonna win the series !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Apr 29, 2008.

1. wellan

wellan New Member

I am with you!!

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Close to a Blade Runner quote. I'll take it! :cool:

One down, two more to go!

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Win in Utah....and things get very interesting.

DD

4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Things are already interesting. It's a little scary that Utah usually responds well after a blowout... but the Rockets are not going to bend over. Our defense should continue to be stifling. We just need to make our open J's, and we're gold.

5. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

DD, I like the optimism. I was on the fence before last night's game. It wasn't just the Rockets winning, it was the way they won. The Rockets looked like a team with some swagger and a healthy dose of mojo. A team needs to believe in itself to come back from 3-1, and the Rockets look very confident right now.

I think we eek out a close victory in game 6 and hammer the Jazz in game 7.

I believe!

6. HoustonFan4Life

Count me in. I love this optimism. I wish the game was tonight!

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

My understanding is the next game is Friday night in Utah. I will be at the Roger Waters concert Friday night. :(

However, the last time I was at a concert last week, we won in Utah.

So, here's hoping I can come home and DVR my way through a victory again at 2 am in the morning while not knowing the outcome ahead of time!

8. min

min Member

the longer this series is extended... the worse the chances of utah upsetting the lakers...

and my hatred of the fakers is actually greater than my love for the rockets...

it hurts to say... but i don't think houston can beat utah in utah...

and houston has 0 chance of beating kobe and the fakers

but don't get me wrong... i will be ecstatic if the rockets beat the j*zz... but i will be very bummed to see the fakers go to the western conf finals

9. ibm

ibm Member

wrong. on both counts.

10. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

This makes you a hater. Boo! :p

11. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Even though it's not really worth discussing yet, I just wanna say that I believe the Fakers are actually a better matchup for us than the Jazzholes. The Fakers are probably a *slightly* better team than the Jazzholes, but we just matchup better with them.

I think we can keep Gasol in check, similar to the way we're guarding Boozer right now. We have a lot of tough defenders to throw at him. Also, I don't think they will be as tough on the glass, or in the paint on D. And of course, they allow us to make much better use of Battier, being that he will be on Kobe instead of Kiri-freakin-lenko... I mean we DID beat the Lakers two out of three times this season. Our one loss came without McGrady, and we still came VERY close.

... I just hope Battier's foot is healthy enough to be up for that assignment.

(Well right now I just hope the team is up for the assignment of beating the Jazz two more times.)

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Surfguy, don't feel bad for seeing Roger Waters! Just don't find out the score. :cool:

I think it's huge that we have a few days between games. Our guys really need the time.

13. StevieCrossover

If the Jazz cheat and flop then we will lose. Cheaters always win!!! But if they play fair then we will crush them!!! I believe