1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Screw all you fair weather fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by elvis, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

This poster, who has 66 posts since joining 18 years ago, is calling out people for posting.

Kinda funny.

2. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

You say "fair weather" I say "realist who's been fooled and disappointed too many times."

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

losing the series before the series ended

D-rock likes this.
  4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

If the Astros would have lost, then the Rockets would have lost. Just saying. ;)

DreamShook likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Like I said in another comment in this thread, the op doesn't understand what "fair whether" implies. Fair whether has nothing to do with always being pessimistic. It has to do with not following the team when they are in a rough era such as missing the playoffs.

Like I'll readily admit that I'm a fair whether fan when it comes to the Astros because baseball is lower down my list of favorite sports to follow. But I'll always follow the Rockets regardless of how bad they are.

Kevooooo likes this.
  6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I knew they could lose, but I also know that if they survived that it can make them stronger.

vlaurelio likes this.
  7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Absolutely the same way I feel.

I also am very superstitious and feel every time I am confident we get embarrassed. So I go negative for the team.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  8. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

The average poster on ClutchFans is an @$$hole.

HP3 likes this.
  9. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

You sure told me big guy!

10. dmoneybangbang

Classic sports fandom.... one group telling another group how to act. I love the Rockets and I am super critical of Harden after 8 years. I was called a Harden apologist just 2 years ago but the fact is after 8 years of harden there are still a lot of questions.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not to be confused with a "fair wether"

D-rock likes this.
  12. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

It’s 2020, easier to complain than be happy. Plus most here could take over any late game situation and bloom into #legend :rolleyes::)

no one gets more frustrated with beard than me, but this is sports. Winning cures all, if you’re not old enough to go back to pre championship days there was plenty of misery and frustration to be had. But two B2B runs eclipsed it all. Same for the Astros getting it done. As of now, I try to have no expectations (not easy to do) and pray at the very least Beard changes the playoff narrative.

mainly just want the Lakers to bite the dust - even better if we do it.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Average keyboard warrier is.

14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

OP

you are my hero.

D-rock likes this.
  15. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

If clutch banned all the haters it sure would make the game threads run smoother.

HP3 likes this.
  16. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Harsh, given all the letdown everyone who has followed the Rockets since the 2 championships has gone through.

They didn't count them out, in general, either. They just said they didn't want to watch.

I'd be curious, if one were to go through all of your posts, how many would there be that someone else could easily say you should be banned for?

Like, maybe, this one, even?

Do you live in a glass house?

Little Bit and napalm06 like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

For a know it all, he really can't spell worth ****.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Weird flex but alright! You have made the cheerleading team, here is your baton.

If we are gonna play the No True Scotsman game, no true rockets fan would have skipped around giddily during that series. It took a legendary play in the final 1.2 seconds to end it. Real fans have watched the past dozen playoff runs and know what what pain feels like. There's nothing to be gained from a moral victory. It's all about winning.

19. Le$$

Le$$ Member

It easy to be this when they lose. You just dont want them to lose and to vent you come here and say this or that. Truth is can they really get past the Lakers? Probably not. Will there be fairweather fans come on and bs tonight probably so. lol

20. Le$$

Le$$ Member

lol @ Sanctity

Rockets fans are who they are, tmac has spoiled every expectation of winning for them. I have not seen a real winning product on the court since the Dream and Clyde, its hard to have any real expectations. Thou Harden has lead Houston to the promise land,we have been so close in this decade, it just ashamed the ups and downs with Golden State having such a good team and kept Houston out those 2 years. Rockets have been exceptional team and Harden and crew are top dogs in the west, so people have become spoiled on clutchfans, although they just never got to finals.

Overall there been some good rockets fans here, and James Harden has been such a great player, the teams they tryed to put around him have not quite got there, but everyone been uptight here in arguements on how rockets do this or that lol, as fan there just so many lead changes and turn overs it hard to be a bball fan, and have any sanity left lol.