1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Screen names?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by a la rockets, Jun 10, 2003.

Tags:
  1. IROC it

IROC it Member

I believe I did this thread on the original format for the BBS...
    And again on this format at about my 100th post (oh the glory days)...

IROC - As in Camaro Z-28 rims or "IROC" rims on my S-10 pick-up

Rocket - object of my basketball affection

IROC it - play on the terms, both my interests at the time in 1998 or so...

had been other names before that... this one stuck

2. francis 4 prez

it was 3 am when i registered so i wanted a name quick so i could respond to whatever post made me wanna sign up in the first place. francis was my favorite rocket at the time and being unoriginal i decided to use his name along with something that i thought was just funny (but now seems dorky). it was "for president" at first, then when that didn't fit, it was "4 president" and then when that didn't fit, it was "4 prez."

only regret is that it makes it seem like i'm some francis fanatic who'll support him at any cost when in reality i've followed the team since 89-90 and have barely missed a game since 93-94. with the whole yao-only fan thing my s/n could make me look like a francis-only fan. but i wouldn't change it b/c of my post count and it's my persona for better or worse on this bbs. no one would know who i was if i switched it so it'd be like starting all over. someone might think i was a newbie!!!

3. houstoncart

houstoncart Member

Mine stands for Houston comets, astros, rockets, texans.

4. Mori

Mori Member

Moocows!!

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Uh...isn't it obvious?

I like tennis!

Duh!

;)