1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scouting Breakdown: Rockets-Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cshen, May 7, 2009.

1. cshen

cshen Member

Here's the game 3 prediction by ESPN "expert" David Thorpe

His prediction was pretty accurate in our first round 1 against Blazers.

Link

2. cshen

cshen Member

oops.. forgot to put into paragraph.

3. 1individual

1individual Member

You call this accurate?
    My foot.

4. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z1TxiVhrkZA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z1TxiVhrkZA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

5. cshen

cshen Member

I said his prediction in our first round against blazers....

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

We need a video clip of Artest saying that.

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Thorpe has had LA winning all three games so far this series. Whatever prescience he may have had in the Portland series, it has been thrown out the window in this one.

No one knows what's going to happen tomorrow. Each side is getting more and more adamant about their ability to beat the other team soundly with each passing game. The team that doesn't make it out of this series likely will feel like it deserved to. I know as a Rocket fan that I have no respect for the Lakers currently and feel like they will lose to Denver if they pass us. It's the exact opposite of what I felt against Portland where I knew they were underrated. The Lakers are overrated, do not play defense, do not have toughness, and still look like headless chickens when their gameplan (get the ball to Kobe and GTFO the way) hits a rut. Kobe's getting older, cannot gain separation, and will live and die by his jumper. That ain't championship basketball, and if the Rockets elevate their game they can end that delusion here and now.