1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scout to SI: "Rockets are one of the most overrated teams" + "Lin can't be a starter."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Oct 24, 2013.

1. tzou88

tzou88 Member

That article is hilarious: "If I were with the Rockets and I could trade Howard for Portland's LaMarcus Aldridge right now, I'd do it." I like LMA but he can't influence a game the way Dwight even while not putting up numbers.

2. CKent

CKent Member

Undercover Rockets scout secretly trying to motivate Dwight and the rest of the team.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Except for the choice of 'r****ded' I agree with this. For one thing, LMA is good. LMA is not a superstar.

This guy seems to want to be quoted tho without caring if he should be taken seriously.

This is the kind of guy DM the GM loves to make trades with.

4. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Which means having full time rim protection from Howard to Asik and ignoring any offensive or defensive improvement by Howard translates to (assuming same pace as last year):
    6.5 pts * .375% * (96/100) = 2.34 points per game

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Dwight must have really hurt this dude's feelings once upon a time.

6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

good one. And true. This scout sounds a little sore around the backside area.

7. Apache

Apache Member

I thought SI was better than this. SI is now lame

8. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Ha, was thinking the same thing. He was naming everything that every fan says about all of these players at a very elementary level. He forgot, "Dwight's girlfriend is ugly...he's got no confidence"

I like how he assumes players and systems can't improve through coaching and natural development from playing more NBA minutes and building chemistry. Dwight has had more easy alley-oops in the preseason than Asik had all last year. It seems like he hasn't watched any preseason, not that it is a good indicator but we are definitely trying some things out right now so time will tell how we look to open the season.

9. Nook

Nook Member

There is even more to it than that.... the Rockets will no longer need to sag inside by design, which means that the perimeter defense will be even better by default, and it will make little negative impact with Howard and Asik inside.

10. Grinds

Grinds Member

Lol

The article said "cares ENOUGH to win a championship". There's a difference. Dwight has given off that impression with some of his comments.

11. dje243

dje243 Member

The homerism is strong with this one.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

"people think he's this Steve Nash point guard"

Lol what

13. deshen

deshen Member

I think... I don't think...I hope...I guess...

Those words make me stop reading.

14. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

They have a dying print magazine and are losing the online battle to Yahoo and ESPN. So, they're desperate and willing to throw anything at the wall for attention. It's a pretty popular model for once-elite publications that still carry a "name" brand. Sporting News does it a lot, too.

15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

And by simple extension: (Rockets Point Differential Last Season) + 2.34 +2(Howard's Offense) +2(Roster Aging Curve and Having a Preseason to Work Together) = 10 ppg. Heat and Thunder Territory. That is sick.

16. Grinds

Grinds Member

Another misquote

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

So why would morey/sampson bring it up as an area that needs to be improved?

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

fixed :grin:

19. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Most likely there is a slight negative for injuries as last year the Rockets were very healthy.

20. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

fake. unless I we get a name who cares.