1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scout to SI: "Rockets are one of the most overrated teams" + "Lin can't be a starter."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Oct 24, 2013.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Stopped reading at "I dont think Dwight Howard cares about winning a championship"

Seriously.... when you start an article off with that type of analysis, you aren't setting your readers up for a non-bias breakdown of why or why not.

Of course Dwight cares. He's seen what happened to Lebron after the decision. He's watched the NBA his entire life... this guy cares about hoisting that trophy... if he didn't, he wouldn't have even thought about leaving the Lakers.

2. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Seems like a non sequitur. If they had made the team his, he'd still be there. But, it is still Kobe's.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I keep on picturing one of these scouts from Moneyball.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

My thoughts precisely. Either way he has spent too much time in LA.

5. Mr Exlax

Mr Exlax Member

This scout seems to be pretty jelly bro

6. ThaShark316_28

Ain't no damn scout write this. This is SI writing a "devil's advocate" article.

7. langal

langal Contributing Member

Mitch Kupchak wrote that

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Easy target, and LA has ex-girlfriend syndrome with Dwight.

9. Convictedstupid

Dwight was plenty motivated for the first 7 and a half years he was in the league. Just because for the last year and a half he has been battling injuries and obnoxious Lakers fans doesn't make him 'unmotivated'.

10. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

I guess it's their job, but I hate it when scouts declare that a player has a certain skill set (Lin, Parsons, Harden) as if they'll never be able to improve the deficient aspects of their game. They are a whopping 23 and 24 years old, after all.

11. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Because it's either blame Dwight or Kobe "can do no wrong" Bryant.

12. trock

trock Member

"If I were with the Rockets and I could trade Howard for Portland's LaMarcus Aldridge right now, I'd do it."

I like LMA, but let's not get crazy.

13. CXbby

CXbby Member

Did Asik die?

We didn't upgrade from Asik to Dwight. We upgraded from Asik to Asik AND Dwight.

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

This "professional scout" is a straight-up r****d. Sorry, I can't think of any better way to put it.

He would trade Dwight for LMA? LOL.

15. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Any "scout" who's first argument is that Dwight Howard "doesn't care about winning a championship" is not even reputable in the least bit in my opinion.

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Not sure it's a Lakers scout. As far as franchises that could be pissed off at Daryl Morey and the Rockets go, Los Angeles is just one in line with Oklahoma City, Golden State, Dallas, Chicago, New York, Atlanta, San Antonio...

17. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I think it's because the LA market is huge, the Lakers aren't likely to be very good, and pandering to their fans keeps them engaged as readers.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Interesting, but ultimately his opinion does not matter.

19. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

If Howard is an extra 4 pt differential on the offensive end, and Asik an extra 4 pt differential (cuz defense really sucked without him) on the defensive end... that would make a really big difference overall. And it is not counting any upgrade for Howard on the defensive end.

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Second unit it hugely improved over last season. First unit is also better. Rox are on their way up, just like last season, and no one can guess how far. Spurs are on their way down. Thunder seem weaker. Not many teams are rising like the Rockets. Rox can make it past the second round.

(And I agree that Dwight opting for less money shows motivation.)