1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scout to SI: "Rockets are one of the most overrated teams" + "Lin can't be a starter."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Oct 24, 2013.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Looks like this scout said some of the same things people are complaining about (after last night).

#181 J.R., Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  2. OkayAyeReloaded

Funny how the national media didn't have anything to say about us when we were winning with this same front court and player chemistry. But as soon as there is a loss or mistake, they're ready to focus in on it and hand out verdicts.

Lots of LA hate from media and fans.

The Heat big three went through the same scrutiny early on because of fear and hate, after twenty games they started to gel and it took a playoff finals loss to finally win. They also developed a "Our team vs the world" mentality and ignored the media scrutiny.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

That scout was pretty dead on, but it doesnt change the fact that Morey isn't done with this roster. I would be willing to bet that by next August half of the players on this roster are gone.... Mostly young guys.

Right now these are legit question marks noted, but the core of Harden and Dwight alone is a championship core...it's just pieces around them that don't fit right now. I think Portland game showed what kind of potential that duo has over time. Now it's time to bring in the Battier types that make this whole thing work the right way.

4. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Lin is gonna prove this guy wrong, that's it. (if given the opportunity of course)

5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

We have no real number 2 option let alone number 3. Howard needs someone to create for him let alone be a guy who can creat a shot for himself.Right now we've beaten no one and lost to the only legit team we've played. Unless morey can net us Asik and Lin for a real 2nd offensive option who can create for himself, we aint contenders. Plus our perimeter defense is farsical.

6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

6 games in and already with the "we ain't contenders" bullish!t... This place is awesome.

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Have you watched the perimeter defense>. We aint wining jack until that improves. Miami, Indiana, Spurs and OKC don't leak that many 3's.

8. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Yes, you are right. Rockets is not going to win jack but Rockets will win the Championship. I have waited too long for another one to come by....

9. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

He is already proving him wrong. Mch just doesn't want lose face and still wants to start Bev.

10. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Because the coach have not really donr it yet. Bev injured, 1st game after injury, not much data. If i am coach, i start beverley again and see where to adjust. The coaches has more info and data as we do, this bev to start i assume is a coaching staff decision, much less than mchale only. They might have seen something good with this line up and wanted to try it out.

11. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Yea. I am sure that he will try it for the next a few games. Let's be patient. The plan may not work, especially with TT starting. There are simply not enough offense powers with the way that CP and PB shoot the ball now. But I am just afraid that it may cost Rockets home court adv. in the 1st round with so many good teams in the west. A game or two on the winning side may make or break it.

12. NotChandlerParsons

If only Clutchfans would hurry up and adopt the same mentality.

13. davek

davek Member

I can't believe I just read through all that ****. What a joke of an article.

14. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

dont you see that? it's the same load of crap that "put the ball in the best players hand" get us 7 games losing streak last year. he got face palmed so hard last year and this year he thought he got 2 superstars and was itchy to give it another try, so he have Lin get outta way. yet the basketball and the CBA rules have changed a lot, supastar ISO play is no more favored and a lot of defense strategy can limit it, hence those screen/pnr play replaced the old philosophy, apparently he just cant see it, or bcoz he dont know those new XandOs plays at all so have to stuck with what he know better, which become naturally this team's deficit and it's painful to watch in crunch time. Rox is going no where with this coach and he MUST GO.

15. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Somewhat true. But this:

he's not even a great playmaker -- people think he's this Steve Nash point guard, but he's not.​

is the obstacle I was talking about.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds a lot of this is based on last year. Might be true but a season can make a world of difference.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Pieces yeah but please super Battiers and more guys like David West.

I don't want JVG's two superstars and a bunch of one way role players.