1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Scotto] Media poll: Ranking NBA arenas from best to worst

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Nov 17, 2023.

1. ipaman

ipaman Member

Tundra Garage is a joke and has never been fixed I'll give you that. But the rest of your list just described every major city in the world including most cities in this arena ranking list. I would argue Houston is one of the best in this list when it comes to outside adjacent arena issues.

Tfor3 likes this.
  2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Makes sense.

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yep. Austin/SA is way worse.

4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Yah, isn’t it better to have numerous lots vs garages? They’re empty after 5pm anyways so it’s a good utilization of existing space and infrastructure — though my god do they gouge at some of these lots!!

I get stressed sitting in garages so definitely prefer lots. Even my work garage gets in me in a terrible move every morning. Gotta make like 18 turns to get up 5 levels…

As for the stadium, admittedly, I haven’t been to more than 3 or 4 NBA stadiums, so not really sure wha to compare it to. I’ll say this, it feels cheap. The seats. The bleacher style mounted seats with broken armrests. The food is meh. The drinks are expensive. And the area around it doesn’t make it worth going early and enjoying the ENTIRE experience. I’ll give you that. Not feeble with existing buildings probably, but just a ring of green space and plaza with retail and a few bars/restaurants would make the experience of parking (anywhere) worth the stress.

just don’t know what all they can do to improve the physical inside of the stadium. We just have lame fans (that attend and buy lower bowl seats).

If I was building an NBA (only) stadium, I’d make the seats steeper. I think Dallas and OKc are a steeper angle. It makes you feel closer to the game. It feels to me that at TC it’s a shallower bowl and even lower bowl back seats feel far away. For aesthetics, I’d add more windows and natural light — though this may not be as aesthetically beneficial as say an NFL stadium that plays more games during the daylight. I know some folks hate the AT&T Stadium in Dallas but I really liked all the glass openings where you can actually see outside. I like Minute Maid because even though there is a building across the street, you still can see the outside sky with the roof closed. I’m blanking on Reliant having views of the outside — I don’t mean roofs btw. That’s not what I’m envisioning. More like the exits from the seats being wide and exposing views of the outside. All that said, it may not look nearly as spiffy and cool, or practical, as I’m envisioning. Bless you if you actually made it to the end of that exposure to my stream of consciousness.

Astrodome likes this.
  5. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

This is exactly why I spend my very important lunch time on CFs! This type of take is freaking FIRE! and I LMFAO!

6. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

What is this sorcery? It looks nothing like the Alamo.

[​IMG]

7. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  8. ipaman

ipaman Member

I've been to several NBA arenas and Pacers Gainbridge Fieldhouse is exactly like you described. Small lower bowl with steep levels above. It's one of the best I've been too. They also have Georgia St. area that's decent for quiet nightlife.

I could see a remodel of Toyota Center trying to "connect" it closer to Avenida Americas and Discovery Green by redoing the Jackson St. and Polk St. entrances. Especially with the Astros opening up their entertainment district at the other end.

Kevooooo likes this.
  9. Entropy

Entropy Member

Crowds been a non-factor since Peak Harden days. The arena sucks.

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

Strong disagree here. Downtown has a lot going on nowadays. Its the arena itself (and recent product put out), not the location

11. Buck Turgidson

This explains a lot.

Ever thought that is is a @Kevooooo problem?

12. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Nope. Pretty sure it’s a normal reaction for most folks who don’t like sitting in concrete boxes with 1000 vehicles on top of them crawling at a snails pace.