1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scottie Pippen....HOF?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by T-Yao, Apr 12, 2009.

?

Scottie Pippen HOF?

1. yes

195 vote(s)
    62.7%
  2. no

116 vote(s)
    37.3%
  1. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Since this question was asked during the Cavs - Celtics game. I find this question very interesting and wants to know what others think.

I think he does deserve to be in the HOF. He was a big part of the Bulls team, one of the best SF to play the game, i would love to have him on my team. He does everything as well, according to ESPN, he led his team in points, rebounds, and blocks.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i wouldnt even think there would be any question that he is deserving.

3. PointForward

PointForward Member

[​IMG]

I suggest permaban :D

4. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

It's a rule to not post threads asking if Pippen should be in HOF? :confused:

5. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Where were you in 1998? We were the lucky team who won the Scottie Pippen sweepstakes.

6. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

When i said on my team, i dont mean the Rockets team...just my team..no **** i know we had pippen

7. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

and i was not in America and didnt watch basketball yet, is that a ban too?

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Its not very hard to make the basketball HOF. Pippen was named a top 50 player of all time in 96. That alone is enough. Some argue he is the best defensive forward ever.

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Not only do I think Pippen belongs in the hall of fame, but Moochie Norris belongs there as well.

Since the basketball hall of fame means jack ****, might as well let everyone in.

I think DaDakota probably has the largest number of posts on any basketball website, and that's not even including his Jazz and Spurs board posts. Let's induct him too.

1 person likes this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Scottie Quitten has quit on his teammates and fans so many times that I think other guys that played the game with the right attitude should go in before Snottie. DJ for example...

11. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Definitely, he may not be popular on this, because of his stint in Houston. But, Pippen is overly deserving for a HOF induction. He's one of the greatest small forwards ever and most likely the best one of the 90s. He probably wasn't as great as Bird or Erving and possibly Lebron. At the same token, Pippen might been one of the most versatile SF of all time and one of the best wing defenders ever (in his prime, he was probably better than anyone today, Battier, Bowen, Prince and even Artest). He has 6 rings and several All-Defense team nominations, and usually shutting down the other teams' best wing players, during the Bulls championship years.

12. ebu

ebu Member

Rocket fans HATE PIPPEN

which is why most people would say no lol

13. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I voted no, but he will ride Jordan's coattails.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No, no, and no.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this thread blows :mad:

16. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

No, I'll even give you my Scottie Pippen Rockets jersey. It caught on fire somehow, but you can just say "Pip was on fire!"

Speaking his name these parts is like the C-word. It's like talking to Germans about WW2.

17. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Isn't this a rather obvious question, or really not a question at all. Granted most of us dislike pippen for what he did here, but absolutely any unbiased person knows that he's one of the greatest ever.

18. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

I dont think you can say this isnt even a question, you cant say he for sure is or isnt in, but I think his robin status will get him in. Very overrated player though. In todays game I put him under the Paul Pierce level.

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah because Scottie Pippen and Moochie Norris is a damn great comparison. :rolleyes:

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No, they were talking about it during the game and JVG was hesitant to call Pippen a HOFer -- he even hinted he wasn't a top 50 all time anymore.