1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scott Foster was solid tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 1, 2019.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

This isn't true. They are 8-9 with Foster.

2. Zergling

Zergling Member

We still lost another game with Foster, but can't blame him for this one.

So god damn frustrating. If we had this ref crew for Game 1, the Rockets definitely win

3. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

People believing what Draymond did to Harden is laughable. That pos knew exactly what he was doing. How come he never “accidentally” swipe at any other players eyes? It’s always the most important player on the opposing team. First Lebron and now Harden. I will never believe what he did was an accident.

Emanuele Braghetti and spark06 like this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

and kawhi the year before, albeit from bogut. kerr's teams have an amazing coincidental ability to take out the other team's best player

spark06 and Little Bit like this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I agree, and couldn’t disagree more with those who think Foster did a fine job. The game was essentially in the bag for Oakland, thanks to Foster, and early, when Green deliberating shoved a fist full of fingers into both of Harden’s eyes. No call. Green should have been tossed for a flagrant 2 and got away it, thanks to Foster. No review, play on! It didn’t surprise me. It made me livid and I still am. What surprises me is the reaction here.

The rest of the game was a disjointed mess by the Rockets, with Foster doing his imitation of a “fair official.” Capela had another disappointing game. Chris Paul seemed to shrink after the devastating injury to Harden. Our rebounding was inexplicably terrible. Our turnovers were absurd. Our defense was disjointed.

Other than that, everything was just groovy. Just don’t put me on a list of those who think the officiating was fair. After what happened to Harden, it didn’t matter, in my opinion. I’m still considering making a list of those who reveled in Harden’s brutal injury, for my own satisfaction that they have been called out, if for no other reason. Who basically applauded it and couldn’t understand why he wasn’t at the top of his game. Who were eager to put the blame for our crap performance on him, of all people.

Harden’s play after he came back in was remarkable, and he was half blind. We would have been in an emergency room. James was out there playing his heart out. Green, who should have spent the rest of the game in the locker room, got away with murder yet again. But hey! Foster did a fine job! Sure.

6. SemisolidSnake

I looked at that replay as many times as they played it on air, and I just couldn't make heads-nor-tails of it. Is it something Draymond Green would do? Absolutely. That's surprisingly the easy question, anybody in the league (probably even a certain percentage of Warriors fans) would agree with that. But was their actual intent on that play? I just don't know. Was it even a matter of playing too hard and it being an avoidable accident? I don't know. Not from the video I saw anyway.

What I do know is that, yeah, it was incredible what Harden was able to do coming back and dealing with that injury for most of the game. Probably only Harden could play through that.

Emanuele Braghetti and Deckard like this.
  7. spark06

spark06 Member

Anyone could've missed that foul on James Harden's face, but Scott Foster isn't supposed to be just ANYONE. He's the supposed creme of the crop so I expect him to make a call on a play like that.

I understand that blowing the whistle wasn't going to give Harden his vision back, or keep the Rockets from turning the ball over 17 times, but when a flagrant 1 foul occurs and you are considered the best in the world at refereeing an NBA game, you make that call. Instead, the foul went uncalled and Scott Foster was once again applauded for a masterful night. It's truly pathetic.

The only reason Foster is still in this league is because the New York Post leaked the FBI investigation on the NBA before Tim Donaghy was able to put a wire on and visit him.

#47 spark06, May 1, 2019
    Last edited: May 1, 2019
    Emanuele Braghetti likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

I was referring about this.

Deckard likes this.