1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scott Boras NOT going to represent Carlos Lee

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Nick, Aug 24, 2006.

1. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Member

The guy's a wuss who's a sensative little girl at times but a low key, low-pressure situation is just what he needs.

Honestly, he would thrive in a place like Houston that's known for its "nice-guy" image and its relatively passive fan base.

He's a mess in New York, in part because of the pressure and the fact that he doesn't know how to handle criticism at all.

But he's still got all that talent and would be a great pickup. Of course, that won't happen so it's pointless to speculate on this.

2. redgoose

redgoose Member

First things first, i think we need to get Burke some more experience at the SS position in the summer league. He's athletic enough to play the position and would at least be an offensive upgrade over Everett.

I've had enough rally killings when Everett, Ausmus, and then the pitcher coming up to bat. Realisticly, finding a good hitting catcher and a then finding a team to trade him is next to impossible. So i'd fill one of those 7,8, and 9 spots and then worry about Tejada, Lee, or Soriano.

I still have faith in Ensberg playing at 3rd wondering how injured he actually has been this year. So find a way to throw in Huff, Everettt, and or Lidge as a way to get a strong bat to protect Lance, meanwhile letting Berkman play 1st base all season. :cool:

3. MadMax

MadMax Member

apparently the astros tried this with burke in spring training and it didn't work. they talked about giving burke a look there and then give him some time in the regular season. clearly the astros don't think he can field that position. i harped on it all last offseason...i was wrong. people who know lots more about baseball than i do say burke ain't a SS.