1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scoot Henderson Tank Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Nov 12, 2022.

?

I like Wemby, but we need a PG.

Poll closed Jun 22, 2023.
  1. Yes

65 vote(s)
    23.6%
  2. Nah, we need Wemby.

131 vote(s)
    47.5%
  3. Nah, draft Wemby & get a PG with Bucks pick.

46 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Nah, we can find a PG in free agency.

34 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. xaos

xaos Member

His competitiveness is one of his best qualities. It doesn't seem forced either. He always has a pulse on the game on whether or not to turn it up and doesn't play "hero" throughout the game

Believe It! likes this.
  2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

There is a poster here that implies if you are Uber athletic then you inherently deficient in other areas. I don’t think that poster even realizes what their subconscious is making them say with those implications. I bet if they read this they could figure it out though.
    :oops:

Zen Tabak likes this.
  4. xaos

xaos Member

Too short

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Blow the whistle.

i3artow i3aller and xaos like this.
  6. MystikArkitect

KPj could do this he just doesn't have the right pieces around him.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's at least 3 players on the team that could do this exact thing if given a free lane like that. KPJ, Green, and KJ Martin.

It's truly an impressive athletic feat, but I'm more impressed by Scoot starting to hit a few 3 pointers this season. Still a small sample and he doesn't shoot very many, but it looks a lot better than last year.

Overall, Henderson's numbers are similar to KPJ's numbers in the G league a couple of years back, so that bodes well for him going forward.

8. xaos

xaos Member

Scoot graduated high school 1 year early to put 6'8" grown men on posters lol

9. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Most of these highlights being posted just show him being similar to what JG and KPJ are. They are all just isolation plays, and him scoring. I thought we need a PG? Why is everyone excited about this? I have seen nothing that shows that this is a good player for the current roster. BPA is fine, but I just don't see a PG here. If this was an 18 YO CP3, then I could see it. If they end up with him, I think there needs to be some trades made to balance the roster out.

Zen Tabak and cml750 like this.
  10. cml750

cml750 Member

He looks to be a score first "point guard". He is mainly an iso player. Silas would likely love him if had hadn't already fell in love with KPJ. As it is he would be redundant to our two main guards we already have. If we draft him someone will need to be traded or become 6th man. Of course his skills could be dangerous teamed with Jalen with Sengun distributing the ball of course that will never happen as long as Silas is here.

11. Rockets34Legend

Need him on this squad. His vision is beyond his years.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not really, If they draft Henderson, just move KPJ to the 3 and you basically have 2 KPJ's so Jalen won't have to ever develop into a combo guard and can just sit back and have the other 2 create for him.

The scenario where a trade would be needed is if the Rockets win the lottery and draft Wemby.

You can't play Wemby, Smith, and Sengun together, so you'd likely flip one of them.

13. Rockets34Legend

14. xaos

xaos Member

Sounds good to me. Scoot for Scoot.

If you really want to know, yes, he can score, but also pass. He isn't a stand there and dribble to think of something kind of point gaurd. He does crazy things like, push the ball up the court by passing it to the man ahead or catch it and swing it at the top of the key to create body movement on offense and defense. He isn't afraid of the moment and has a feel for the game. Here's a really crazy one,... he knows when there's a hot hand (last game one of his teammates hit like 11 threes). Those are just some things the highlights won't show you.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  15. PatBev

PatBev Member

Maybe KPJ would enjoy moving to SF and not deal with PG duties and just hoop

I won’t disrespect KPJ to the bench like that

Zen Tabak likes this.
  16. xaos

xaos Member

17. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Wow!!! Harden who? KPJ who? We need Scoot Henderson with Jalen…crazy backcourt

18. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I think KPJ can average over 25 points a game if he just focus on scoring, defense and rebounding and leave the PG stuff alone.

xaos likes this.
  19. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Wemby, Sengun and Smith can play together, Sengun at Center and Wemby as Power Forward…Smith can guard and shoot 3s from the outside

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I was so excited about this prospect until he mentioned he moulds his game around Westbrook or looks up to him. Then I watched a bunch of his mid range and 3pt misses and they were eerily Westbrook-like. Freaked me out.

I know it's a bit irrational, but that worries me. I hope he's more Ja Morant than Russell Westbrook.

Verbal Christ and harold bingo like this.