1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Scoot Henderson Tank Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Nov 12, 2022.

?

I like Wemby, but we need a PG.

Poll closed Jun 22, 2023.
  1. Yes

65 vote(s)
    23.6%
  2. Nah, we need Wemby.

131 vote(s)
    47.5%
  3. Nah, draft Wemby & get a PG with Bucks pick.

46 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Nah, we can find a PG in free agency.

34 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Just a reminder that Ben Simmons was roughly 17, 8, and 8 with .600 TS% during his second and third years in the league. He was doing that despite his lack of a jump shot. If he hadn't been a problem child of a personality with back issues he could easily have been a perennial all-star. The Thompson twins are reportedly hardworking and coachable so I'm not concerned that they will be like Simmons on that front.

Aruba77, Y2JT, xaos and 1 other person like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Hood-Schifino would be a hell of a steal at #20

Just to speculate: If the Rockets somehow land #1, then a team like Detroit or Charlotte lands #2 and is like ehhh, I don't know if we want Scoot, what would y'all be willing to give up to pull a Texans and trade up to get both Wemby and Scoot? Would you consider packaging Jabari in the deal with the plan that Wemby would play the 4? How about Sengun + a collection of picks? (Clippers pick, next year's Brooklyn pick, whatever it takes basically.)

Just dreaming on the possibility of "Wemby or Scoot? Why not both?" Almost certainly impossible though.

#423 OremLK, Apr 30, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2023
  4. MystikArkitect

Ime wouldn't want to coach two rookies and there's nothing the Rockets have that they'd take to get Scoot that you'd want to trade.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

I mean, Jabari was in the conversation for #1 in the previous draft class (which, granted, was much weaker at the top). I would also say, I'll bet you Udoka would love to coach a guy with Scoot's competitive fire and desire to win. If he's not sold now he will be once he gets to know the kid.

6. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Well, dear friends, we are now getting close to finding out our fate!! 2 weels to go !
    I thought I might present something different for a change.

There is a fair chance that we might nor get the first pick, which will change many things for the team!

I present my idea of us getting the second pick.................

ROCKETS 2023 - 2024

HENDERSON - DRAFT
    GREEN
    BRIDGES BY TRADE SENGUN, PORTER + 1 PICK
    MOBLEY F/A
    SMITH

SECOND FIVE

GREAVES F.A
    MURRAY DRAFT
    MARTIN
    EASON
    GARUBA
    We also trade away TATE & NIX

7. Vudu

Vudu Member

I've been lurking for awhile waiting for my account to get approved and I have noticed that you post the most nonsensical lineups I've seen here. Almost as though you're trolling.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

There's a section in the middle of the above video around 5:35 where you can see Scoot's mid-range pull-up game in action which should quell some of y'all's concerns about his shooting. He already has a good jump shot he just needs to extend the range out to the 3P line a little better. When you think about it, this isn't really that different from a lot of college players too--remember that the G-League plays with an NBA three-point line. Good college shooters aren't shooting from much farther than a lot of Scoot's pull-up J's.

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

If we draft Scoot I dont want Harden on this team. I’d rather surround Scoot and Green with other veterans….who take their conditioning seriously and play defense. Scoot solves the Harden coming back quandary for me. Plus he’s the 2nd best prospect in this draft.

OremLK likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully Henderson will take learning how to shoot seriously and Green will take learning how to play defense seriously one of these days.

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Im agnostic on Green. Seems like we are locked in with him. I’m not excited by what I’ve seen from Jalen Green in his first 2 yrs, but then I look at guys like Fox that took some time. I feel like we are stuck on this Jalen ride so hopefully it pans out.

but Scoot to me is a much better prospect and has a chance to be a complete player. He’s got that killer mentality; he’s going to improve the shooting.

trying to get excited by other prospects like Amen and Hendricks if we pick around 5

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know, maybe I'm just jaded by seeing the hype machine in action too many times before.

A few years back they were telling us Jalen was the next Kobe, now Henderson is getting that hype treatment.

What I actually saw when I watched these guys never matched up to the hype and that's what I go on.

If we end up going with Henderson and Jalen, I'll hope for the best, but that's gotta be the worst shooting guard duo in the league and probably the worst defensively.

Also, I'm not saying there's really a better option, I'm just saying that I'm not going to get caught up in the hype.

Aruba77 likes this.
  15. PatBev

PatBev Member

Isn’t his dad a trainer or owner of a sports academy? If Scoot has had training his whole life, and two seasons in the g league, what makes y’all think he’ll magically learn how to shoot?

Corrosion likes this.
  16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Beverly sucks. I don’t know why people constantly bring him up for us, besides Reaves is a better pg than Beverly. Other than that not a bad outcome, although I don’t think you will need to include Eason or Sengun (one or the other).

peleincubus likes this.
  17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

No to Jabari, he is going to be elite. Yes to Sengun, although I love him too.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He is not a great player but he shows other players how to actually give a f*ck. I could give a ton of examples of how that would play out within a team with a coach like Ime is supposed to be. It would only be for 1-2 seasons anyways.

xaos likes this.
  19. PatBev

PatBev Member

Ight then

20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Beverly is always hurt. Like his attitude, but he has always been overrated in my opinion.