1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scoot Henderson Tank Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Nov 12, 2022.

?

I like Wemby, but we need a PG.

Poll closed Jun 22, 2023.
  1. Yes

65 vote(s)
    23.6%
  2. Nah, we need Wemby.

131 vote(s)
    47.5%
  3. Nah, draft Wemby & get a PG with Bucks pick.

46 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Nah, we can find a PG in free agency.

34 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Someone may and probably will emerge as a consensus top 3 or 4 pick that would fit the Rockets well.

2. i3artow i3aller

3. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

“Yet another ball dominant guard”

One is NOT like the other. There’s levels to this.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

oh i see its the new shinny toy syndrome...
    alperen is the PG
    the houston rockets lacks heart of a champion and coaching....no player can fill that hole..the defeatist attitude in the franchise and fans is something else....
    learn from utah jazz

HD729 likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

the reality is even if we get scoot or wemby still gonna be the worst team in the league and still tanking..tanking is like adrug..its an addiction theres no really need to tank...talent is plenty on the rockets and in undrafted, or second rounde players...like what miami and utah do...

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

16 assists

Believe It! and i3artow i3aller like this.
  7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Ppl are so sure we'll get the #1 pick this year. It's 50% chance to land outside of top 3 and we'd easily be back to the bottom of the barrel next year except we won't have control over our own pick.

8. i3artow i3aller

9. Salvy

Salvy Member

We already drafted Scoot Henderson

10. xaos

xaos Member

Lmao ok

11. eman

eman Contributing Member

How I hope we'll have to choose.

12. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

That would be a nice dream

13. MystikArkitect

I'll take any of Amen, Scoot or Wemby but get KPj and EGo off this ****ing team.

BallSoHarden, King1 and clutchdabear like this.
  14. J Rock

J Rock Member

Why KPJ? I’m still trying to figure out why you guys keep persecuting him for playing out of position. He would be great as the leading bench scorer to back up Jalen at sg. He’s very talented just not as a point guard.

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

even if its reality, new guys doesnt help trash teams...look at minnesota drafting an allstar every other year... still going nowhere....and will win nothing in the next decade...
    you cant lose your way to the championship!

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Dude was horrible last night and played 6 minutes.

Silas sees him as an afterthought and not as a role player on this squad.

17. CertifiedTroll

I think my prospect evaluation is just beyond garbage. I really don't see what screams generational talent about Scoot, I just see another guy that looks good, that may or may not pan out. I can see Scoot turning into a Donovan Mitchell level scorer, but I can also see him being Dennis Smith Jr.

After seeing how many lay ups the Rockets have missed, I am really scared to invest in another low FG% player.

xaos likes this.
  18. xaos

xaos Member

I think the real issue is the term generational talent is thrown around too often. How many generational talents are there really? Lol.

Scoot will be a multi-year all star who contributes a lot to winning. One thing that seems to be underrated about him from what I've seen is he really has a pulse on the game and has a sense of urgency. He has all the things that made Westbrook a MVP with some of the other stuff that held Westbrook back from being a championship level player. I've only watched him about 5 times though so my opinion is still very incomplete.

He also has an amazing basketball support system around him and strikes me as the guy who will do whatever it takes to become great.

CertifiedTroll likes this.
  19. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Nice consolation prize but Wemby is the generational talent. You draft Wemby if you get the first pick. Period.

20. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

You have to be out of your mind to be drafting for position given our current team. Not one player including Green should be guaranteed a spot for years to come, we are very far from competing, and only competitive teams should even think about drafting for position. The only players who should be guaranteed a spot are super star franchise players. BPA and nothing else.