1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Scoot Henderson Tank Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Nov 12, 2022.

?

I like Wemby, but we need a PG.

Poll closed Jun 22, 2023.
  1. Yes

65 vote(s)
    23.6%
  2. Nah, we need Wemby.

131 vote(s)
    47.5%
  3. Nah, draft Wemby & get a PG with Bucks pick.

46 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Nah, we can find a PG in free agency.

34 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I agree with the assessment that Wemby has a lower floor compared to Scoot primarily because the history of injuries for players as long as Wemby.

Scoot had the body to be bodied by NBA players and stay healthy for a long time kinda like Harden in a sense.

Hakeemtheking and PatBev like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I agree with the assessment that Wemby has a lower floor compared to Scoot primarily because the history of injuries for players as long as Wemby.
    I would say that one of the biggest flaws of young elite prospects when they first enter the NBA most of the time is they get pushed around easily(both Green and Jabari have this problem). I think Scoot won't have that problem. What it does is make his floor higher.

BaselineFade and bmelo like this.
  3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Scoot is built like a tank. I doubt he gets pushed around.

I think I’ve having a bigger dilemma with this than most. Just look at the history of 7’2+ players in the NBA. None have had a productive AND healthy career.

PatBev, arabrocket and fchowd0311 like this.
  4. bmelo

bmelo Member

Athletic great body built pointguard with flashy playstyle and no shot. If you are named Westbrook and one of the NBA hofers, clutchfans will hate you. If you are a kid that their ceiling is Westbrook - they gonna love you

Dobbizzle and PatBev like this.
  5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

There's really only a few players who fit the description

Kareem had a long career and until just recently held the all-time scoring mark .... for like 34 years.

There was also Mark Eaton way back .... who was 7'5" and had a pretty decent 11 year career - wasn't near as long nor was he offensively gifted.

Yao at 7'6" only played 8 years but he did play at a very high level for the duration.

Rik Smits was 7'4" and played 12 seasons ....and was real good.

Shaq played 19 years but was only 7'1" ... below our threshold.

I can't think of anymore that were actually 7'2" or taller that didn't suck or had short careers.

Hakeemtheking and JeffB like this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What about Rockets legend Chuck Nevitt? And don't you say he sucked. I think he may be the tallest player with a ring. lol.

7. Ancient Moabite

You could also add Wilt to this, some back in his day said with shoes on he looked to be around 7'4'' and he played for a decade+ before I think having double knee surgery and returned around 4 months later during his Lakers stint

8. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

As far as bad games go that's not that bad. If his efficiency was like that every game it would be really worrying, but if that's a noteworthy "stinker" I think it's fine? Every player has off nights, even the best.

10. i3artow i3aller

J.R. likes this.
  11. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I think the more significant point that guy was making is that Wemby hasn't progressed at all this year, which is nuts for someone his age... And in fact may have slightly regressed.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Victor or bust. Trade/Shop the pick otherwise.

“Two player draft”, “Would be unanimous #1 in any other draft”, blah blah blah…

It’s a one-player draft.

I see The Ringer/KO’C has moved Miller up to number two.
    “Efficient Russell Westbrook” LOL

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/
    Shot selection is worth monitoring. He takes way too many deep 2s early in the clock. Though he shoots them well, the next step would be to migrate behind the line and become an even more efficient player that shreds drop coverages, forcing defenses to come up higher, which would only open up more drives into the paint.

He’s only 6-foot-2, so he’ll be a target on defense no matter how hard he’s playing.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...gs-for-projected-2023-nba-draft-lottery-picks
    Shot selection/decision-making for ball-dominator

Between the positional strength/explosiveness, ball-handling and finishing creativity, setup ability, tough shot-making and G League production, the team drafting second should be willing to bet on Scoot Henderson cutting down on the low-percentage shots and unforced mistakes.

But they do appear in practically each of the 19-year-old's game's for Ignite. Henderson averages 4.5 mid-range attempts, the second-most in the G League, according to its website, yet he's only making 36.8 percent of them. Twelve of the 13 NBA players averaging at least 4.0 mid-range jumpers a game are shooting over 40.0 percent on those shots, per NBA.com.

While Henderson has made some progress with his three-point shooting, he's still at 32.8 percent on low volume for a lead guard (2.7 attempts in 29.8 minutes). He clearly has more confidence inside the arc, where he can get off his pull-up and step-back. Those attempts are just often challenged or forced when there isn't driving space.

His 3.5 turnovers per game are less of an issue for scouts, given his age, role and the competition he's facing compared to college point guards. Still, Henderson can stand to resist some urges and play more under control in certain spots.

[​IMG]

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Give me Miller at #2

PatBev, DaDakota and bmelo like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Welcome aboard. Grab a seat, I am your bus driver, enjoy the ride.

LOL they are shutting him down because he is being exposed for all the stuff we have been saying....short, can't shoot, shitty GLeague stats. Not a great facilitator or ball protector....

DD

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

These stats are not impressive.

17. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

He should be sent down to the G League.

Oh, wait.

hakeem94 and J.R. like this.
  18. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

32% from 3?

it's a lot better than wemby considering this is the real NBA distance 3

still people were shamelessly hyping the hendy as if he was micheal jordan himself
    bet you any money that secured them a lot of clicks!

20. Nook

Nook Member

It has to be a concern, I don't think it is a red flag but it is a yellow flag.

In fact I would go so far as to say the only thing that would keep Wemby from being a franchise player is injury or off the court problems.

Wemby is a little different than players like Yao in that he is not going to put on very much weight and he also has more progressive and better training now and he doesn't have the mileage that Yao had at the same point in time. The reality is that Wemby is probably going to sit out 10 games a year for that very reason.