1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scoot falling to #4?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jun 7, 2023.

1. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

But Stone wanted Banchero

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You haven't spit out any facts as to why you like him? I have said he is too short, he can't shoot and his Gleague stats are pretty average.......and you?

Don't be afraid to put yourself out there, shoot your shot.

What rest of the world? Seems if he was so good Charlotte wouldn't be taking Miller right?

My board? Hah, I don't give two flying ****s for the draft and a personal board, what a ****ing complete waste of time, but some people love to do that, so fine...go ahead, it ain't me......all I care about is making the Rockets better, nothing else, don't care about theory crafting a draft, don't care about cap room if it is not about the Rox,, all I care about is getting the team better, nothing else matters, it is not my money, not my problem - just make it better.

And we need a shot blocking C that can also stretch the floor to play with Sengun, Lively fits.

DD

#102 DaDakota, Jun 10, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
    payaso likes this.
  3. maj21

maj21 Member

Agreed! I’ve seen scoot play a lot of games and the dude is ass. Small guard rarely win, especially those who can’t shoot

NewAge likes this.
  4. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

He may fall to #4, but I think that will be due to teams taking the best player available and Scoot not being that high on their boards. Portland passing him up because of Dame being there is not a guarantee, Dame went from being extremely loyal to the Blazers, to discussing his priorities of trade preferences. A year ago or even 6 months ago Dame would not have even answered this question, but he said Miami would be his top choice, then Brooklyn, and I believe another city. The fact he is even saying he would love to be in Miami is significant coming from him, you dont even hear players who we knew wanted out list teams like this.

Every year we see the projected draft and take it as gospel, and many times there is something we don't expect. Teams who do their homework (Toronto/Barnes) (ORL/Paulo), this draft is even more uncertain after #1 than the prior two years.

5. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Afraid to put myself out there? You're too funny! I've been raving about Scoot for some time now. Was arguing with the other know it all, Porter nut hugger on this board way back about him.

You're blasting Scoot and his "lack of shooting", but up until you're recent flip flop to "Lively's the only one" LOL, you were all about Amen. Yet you want to call out Scoot's shooting? Have you not seen Amen shoot the ball? Yeah you're a great talent evaluator all right. SMH. And the whole Shorterson statement... yeah you're probably going to look like a fool on that one for years to come.

He would already be our strongest guard from day 1. Literally. Kid's already built like a bull. His ability to get to the hole is as noted Westbrook or Rose like. His mid range is money. His 3 ball is not there yet but it's not broken like some dude's. He is a true point with the vision and IQ to run a team AND the ability to take over at will and score anytime. He's exactly what this team needs.

Got a good feeling the main reason you've argued against him and why you've backed off of Amen is once again all about your man crush and the narrative you've pushed for 2 years now. Good luck with that.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this kid is a special special talent.. when i see footage of him i'm constantly in WOW mode thinking to myself it's Zeke Part 2

would give up anything we have short of green/smith/sengun to get him, but i'm pretty sure CHA keeps him for themselves

Believe It! and daywalker02 like this.
  7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Well, at least you have your opinion.

DD

Believe It! likes this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Rockets trading to #2??

9. invocux

invocux Member

He's not falling to 4

10. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Scoot would be nice

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  12. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

As do you. We're all entitled to one.

#112 Believe It!, Jun 11, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2023
  13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

31.9 fg % and 17.2% from 3 during his tenure with us... but u were all on his nuts, brah...

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Don't be stupid.

All I ever wanted was for him to get a look to see if he could develop because Rafer Alston sucked.

And he would have been an excellent NBA player in the end but chose to stay in Europe, much like Llull did.....doesn't mean they can't play.

DD

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

you know what... my bad. i shouldnta even gone there...

you just get so.... adamant on contrarian views some times... lol

16. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Dumb Clutchfaners (like the ones hoping for Amen now) were DREADING that Banchero would fall to us at #3.

Little did they know that their room temperature IQ takes on basektball are always wrong.

17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Indeed but to argue about opinions is a complete waste of time...you like your guy, I like mine, lets see what happens.

DD

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yes, but who says he is a loser though.....making it in the Euro League is pretty important as well.

NBA is the best league but making it in the 2nd best league ain‘t so bad.

kjayp likes this.
  19. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

That's all you do fool. GTFO with that ish.

20. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Correct. No team, even if they didn’t want Scoot, is gonna pass up on drafting him. He’s the most valuable trading chip on the board not named Wemby.

invocux likes this.