1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scoot falling to #4?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Jun 7, 2023.

1. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Just like Banchero will fall to #3

Noob Cake, Dredd and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  2. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

The central issue is that some folks here don’t realize that NOBODY on this team has truly panned out, and the team has not proven to compete on a consistent level (see OKC) AT ALL.

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

It's still early, but I agree that we don't have anyone we can count on becoming a star player (sorry, Sengun fans). We have some guys who have a chance to get there but they have a lot of growth left to do and no guarantee that the development will be enough.

maj21 likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Wonderful news!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

If we don't land Scoot via a trade up or at 4, I think there's a really good chance they take Walker. For a team that needs a PG, unless it's Scoot, you'd think they want a vet. Hopefully not named Harden. If not should be Walker.

We need high IQ players with size and all around skills. Dude's that will understand how to make the rt pass or cut when Sengun's got the ball and there's a lane.

He's 6'7 barefoot @ 240 with a 7'2 wingspan at 19 yrs old and he's only going to get stronger with age. He can play the 3-5. Guard the 2-5. Posted better numbers than a lot of guards in the agility and mobility tests at the combine. Has had great coaching coming up, especially with Sampson. Shows solid fundamentals which is HUGE for this team and 100% fits with Udoka.

He might not show out offensively his rookie year as much as a guy like Whitmire, but on the defensive end and on the stat sheet, it won't be close given the same minutes.

peleincubus, fattz, cdrive and 2 others like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He is falling because he is not that good.

DD

BallSoHarden, fattz and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Since your such a "great talent evaluator" please share why you think he's not that good, while most all say the opposite. EMWTK

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

He thinks we should take Dereck Lively (who is usually mocked around #20 and his median outcome is "decent backup center") with the #4 pick

10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Most of you think that because you are told that and haven't done the shoe work that is required, let me flip that around, you point out why you think he is such a can't miss product, even though all of his playing career has been screaming medicore.

Dereck Lively makes this team better right now, he is the best shot blocking big available and he can hit 3s, he fits perfectly with our core......I can't wait to hear the argument for Scoot - mediocre for 2 years in the Gleague - and why we need him....

DD

11. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

I don't think he's saying take him at 4.

Just recently that's the dude he's high on.

DaDakota likes this.
  12. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Man how I wish I could have this conversation with you in person. You're so dead set on what narrative you got going in every other minute that you don't realize how you sound. I know you think you're the smartest dude on this forum, but do you really think you're smarter than 95% of the basketball community?

People are always posting your bad history on talent evaluation. Are all of them wrong? Are 95% of professional basketball evaluators wrong while you know?

Please explain why you think Scoot's no good.

(Keep in mind you pumped up Porter the past 3)

Oh and a side note... "The shoe work" ????

LOL

Edit: forgot about the "mediocre" tag. Again LOL

Rockethard and kjayp like this.
  13. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

It's almost exactly like that except you switch out Bancero for Jabari. Nobody thought he'd be there at 3 for us until the last minute.

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Never said that, my opinion is my opinion. if there is an argument that proves I am wrong, I would consider it, but right now, I see group think, without much evidence.....

As for KPJ he is a helluva lot better than most think, because most people are stuck thinking we need a true PG, when the opposite is true....

So, where is your evidence or argument that Scoot Henderson is going to be great - why do you think that? What piece of DATA has convinced you and your made up 95% stat that he is the guy.

DD

MadMax94$ likes this.
  15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i mean... he's no VSpan... lol

Rockethard and groovemachine like this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

manifest it.

17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

True, Vspan had a great career, but is too old now.......

DD

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Picks 2-6 are not far from each other talent wise.

I'll take Scoot but prefer Amen first.

Little Bit and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

What does that even mean? You still haven't spit out any reasonable facts as to why you think Scoot's overrated. Except maybe the "Shorterson" ish. And again... Why do you think you know more than the rest of the world?

Please tell.

Rockethard likes this.
  20. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Ha the day comes sooner than one would expect. Derek Lively rising to #3 on DD’s personal board people. Take notes!

Rockethard and OremLK like this.